Size of Koni front shock spacers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Size of Koni front shock spacers

Some Koni shocks come with cylindrical spacers that sit on top of the shock insert, so the cap of the strut can tighten the shock. I have the smaller, 50mm struts (Audi 80 B4 Competition), and didn't put the spacers, because it seemed to me that they weren't needed, and the inserts where tightened enough. They had no play in respect to the strut when I wiggled them by hand.

But after a while after I put the Konis I started to hear some clunking from my front suspension on pot holes, on the right side of the vehicle, from what I can tell. I've literally changed every single suspension bushing on mu front end, all the drop links, also all the engine and gear mounts, everything is either aluminum, poly or delrin. But the clunking is still there. So the last thing that's left are the shocks.

Does someone have those spacers that sit on the inserts, because I have lost mine? I'd be very happy if someone can measure them for me, so I can make new ones and put them directly, so not to have the car immobilized for several days, while someone makes the inserts...

Any other possibilities regarding the clunking noise are also welcome

Clunking noises could be the top mounts, drop links for ARB or the ARB mountings themselves.

As for the koni spacers might be best to ping koni an email direct. I remember putting them on mine way back when, but not the easiest to check the sizes of im afraid.
    Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

I measured the spacers from the New Koni's I have for sale.

ID 40.94mm
      OD 49.76mm
      Hight 10mm

They are stamped 061 on the side if you are talking to Koni

Comment

This might be usefull

Comment

The other side

Comment

Thanks a lot guys! I have the illustrations, just don't know where the spacers are ... Will use the dimensions to fabricate some spacers! Hope this will solve the clunking noise... All ARB drop links are brand new and all the ARB bushings are brand new powerflex... The subframe is mounted with alloy bushings, I have delrin control arm bushings (have to check if they've worn out) and my top mounts are less than 1000 km old...

Comment

i had the same problem with a pair of NOS Koni Sport struts i got. rear struts, but i modded the tubes to work on the front, so i could lengthen the arm and turn it in some. i always thought they were supposed to have something there.

but i had my friend Chris, who is a machinist and works at a decent sized machine shop, whip me up something out of Delrin. i gave him a strut and one tube, and he made me something like the next day.

worked out GREAT!!!!!

Comment

Im having the same problem.
                Aaron I sent a pm to Chris regarding these washers if you dont mind

I got this from KONI USA
                The front hardware kit you need is 70 50 08 549 0 for 8610-1262SPORT and the rear hardware kit you need is 71 50 09 169 0 for 86-2433SPORT
                sigpic

Comment

no varia i dont mind at all. he made me four of these and i only used two, and they are for the back 55mm unit, not the front 50mm.

he can make anything. i give him a strut housing and a strut insert, he can hook it up.

Comment

Working...
                  X