Top Mounts, which to buy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top Mounts, which to buy?

Having destryed a set top mount sin the last 1.5k I need a new set already. The ones fited were new blue top mounts and have the correct audi part number butt he bilsteins and 215/45R17s have killed them to point hevay brakeing is scarey and the alignement is shifting all over the place.....

Meyle HD?
    Audi Quattro WR

Comment

I have a set of blue top mounts with MSII's sat here, hoping to fit in the coming days. They seem like the best bet. The HD mounts do last longer but still not long enough. Have a set unused here, decided to try the mount savers first.
      AUDI - saving Dad's from minivans since 1994

Comment

Was looking at HDs on eBay.de but they apparently dont last any long and people dont have good things to say about the 034 mounts either

Comment

I use these http://www.compbrake.com/suspension/...nts/-3528.html on the front and rear with 475lb/in 2.5" coil over springs. I've not destroyed a set yet! I dare say comfort and road noise will be compromised!
          sigpic
          Pembo
          quattro - Original 4WD rallying
          Rally Car photos

Comment

How long have yours lasted Pembo?

Is that tarmac rally use?
            Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
            Sold ABY-stock

Comment

i use the same CompBrake ones in the race car. drag racing, super stiff springs, hard launches.

i beat the crap out of them and have had zero problems. i really like the fast removal of them, too.

Comment

Originally posted by andy10v View Post
                How long have yours lasted Pembo?

Is that tarmac rally use?
                Yes, tarmac stage rally use. They have been in for about 4 years now (need to pull out the original receipt) and agree that they are a quality part.
                sigpic
                Pembo
                quattro - Original 4WD rallying
                Rally Car photos

Comment

I wore a set out in mine, however i suspect the issue was water/dirt/salt from daily use getting into the spherical bearing that killed it.
                  91CQ20v - Gone to a new home
                  93UR-S4 - The Magic Carpet
                  94S2Bus - The Emerald Express

Comment

I looked at the idea of the compbrake ones, seems too harsh for daily.

Think I'll try HDs they are cheap on ebay.de

Comment

Hi, I use the compbrake at the front for daily use, and thinking about buying the set also for the rear (rear SKF are worn out).
                      The compbrakes are realy better than original, the car feels more sharp on the cornering, and I dont think that its more noisy than before... (and of course they lasts longer than SKF I had before...)

Radek

Comment

Working...
                      X