Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1992 urS4 Vs 1996 usS6 - Suspension Questions

Hi Dave,

Can you advise how much lower is the '92 urS4 spec sports suspension's spring are compared to usS6 springs ? 20mm or 30mm lower ?

Are they the springs the same stiffness ?

For the two cars, do the shocks differ in terms of stiffness and fitment ?

Did the factory offer a sports suspension option for the urS6 ?

Is it a good match to use '92 spec sports springs with oem urS6 shocks ?, or is there a better combination for a urS6 that one wants to lower a bit, but still maintain factory comfort ?

Thanks in advance for your advices.

There're couple spring options for the C4 chassis.my UrS6 euro version has equipped with 1BE sport suspension.Visually from what i have seen N.USA stock car.mine got lowered.
    one of a few I5 from Asia.

Comment

Good question. Will be watching this with interest.

Popdemonic has euro version URS6 with 1BE sport suspension what other differences existed?
      Generally though i thought the URS6 had a few improvements over the Urs4 cars.For instance better gearbox and brakes.Possibly even suspension improvements?? Be interested to know if they did upgrade the suspension and the reasons for it if anyone knows.
      I guess we need to establish the different paint markings on all the different springs audi offered on these cars(can't imagine there are many though probably just 2 or 3) and try to find out what poundage they are individually rated at plus length.That would seam to be the best way and gives us figures we could make an informed decision rather than just guess work.This information definately exists but probably deep within audi's own archives and may not be available to lesser mortals like us.But heh we might get lucky:
      96 URS6 plus speck saloon
      96 URS6 plus speck estate
      94 2.6 80 Avant
      99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

Originally posted by voursch sprung dirch View Post
        ...I guess we need to establish the different paint markings on all the different springs audi offered on these cars(can't imagine there are many though probably just 2 or 3) and try to find out what poundage they are individually rated at plus length.
        Good luck with that.

The stiffest lowest factory UrS4/S6 suspension is the 1BE sport suspension. This was standard on the 92 spec cars and then unavailable in NAmerica 93-97 (except some very early build (Aug 92) 1993 MY UrS4s) - but available as an option in the rest of the world (ROW) 93-97.

After market springs that lower the UrS that work have been made by Eibach and H&R plus some others as coil over kits. I have never seen any specs on the non-coil over springs as to lbs/in (kg/cm) (Newtons/furlong).

Live UrS system and chassis map (click on the labels, e.g. Front Suspension):http://members.shaw.ca/speedtek/UrS%...sis%20Map.html

Here are some of the springs that were available for an AAN-equipped UrS4 for example (I count 4 front spring options). The UrS6 springs were the same more or less (not an improvement). 1BE was the best factory suspension.

Last edited by UrS4boy; 16 January 2014, 18:04.
        RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
        94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

Working...
        X