Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

installing Koni adjustables, what else should be replaced ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• installing Koni adjustables, what else should be replaced ?

Hi

Soon i will replace my std shocks with koni (yellow) + H&R Springs.
    Which top mounts should i use ?
    Is there anything else i should replace around the shocks ?

Best Regards Per
    Audi S2 Cupe - 92
    sigpic
    Audi S2 Coupe - 92
    Koni + H&R. PowerFlex bushes. 3" Exhaust
    RS2 IC. RS2 TURBO. RS2 EX MAINFOLD
    Best ET 2006 13.8 @ 157 Km/h (Stock turbo and EX mainfold)
    Best ET 2007 12.78 402m, 0-62mph: 4.2 sec, Speed: 175 km/h (GTEC)(1.1bar)
    Best ET 2007 201m 8.15@140km/h
    Best ET 2008 402m 12.34@177km/h
    My Project
    http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16997

Probably one of the most contraversial questions to ask on the forum as everyone has their own feelings and experiences. The standard Audi greens will not last much more than 6 months with H&R's, blues offer a little better feel but again with H&R's the immense weight of the S2 is a little much giving maybe 9 months to a year. There are aftermarket ones available but at 10x the cost its a typical pays you money takes your cahnce situation. I'd go for greens or blues and just replace them with millitary regularity every 6-9 months to give yourself the best chance. Green or blues depending on how you drive and how flush you're feeling. From what I can gather don't expect the world from the blues or you'll end up dissappointed.

I fitted Koni's with standard springs and green topmounts and they work pretty well. Whatever you do don't set the shocks too hard or you WILL wreck them very quickly. Mine were set at 1.5 turns front and 1 rear. the ride is ever so slightly hard but I think it's a very good compromise and feels very good with the 4wd and 225 tyres. Will be looking at H&R's in the near future so would appreciate and BTDT stylee help.
    Cheers'en, AndyC
    1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

I'm trying to organise a group purchase on replacement top mounts from Tim. I was told by Tim that these mounts have a ten year guarentee. There is a thread in the group purchases. Have a look at the link posted within this thread to "Where to buy top mounts". This has some views from other people on the forum.

Alistair

Comment

Working...
      X