3B S2 ARB Drop links?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3B S2 ARB Drop links?

Can anyone tell me where i can source these from as i have just spoke to german and swedish and GPC and they say they dont stock them. Is this the right term for them or are they called ARB arms etc. Maybe a case on main dealer?.....

I have purchased both front and rears from gsf before....? I'll try and dig up the part numbers....
    sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

its listed on their website:

42468 ANTI ROLL BAR LINK ROD-FR ACOUPQ 8/89 > 19.75

Quote the number 42468 and see what they come up with. Failing that you can always quote the Audi part number as they can cross ref that normally too

HTH

David
      sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Cheers, i think that would be a big help.

Andy

Comment

Drop links....bingo

Part numbers really do help don't they? I have just phoned BACK G&S and they now have them in stock @ £19.75 each + VAT. I suppose its not worth being cheap and changing the one though is it?

Comment

Andy,

yep!

i'd do the front and rear in pairs, you can normally tell if they need doing cos you'll have front and rear end creaking through the suspension, if i remember especially at low speed. Dead easy to change though might be worth soaking the current ones in something to make it easier to get them off. Should make things a bit tighter and the steering feel better too

HTH

David
            sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

I'm not too sure - but I think Tim (QRSport) 'imsatim' on here does adjustable ones of these.
              don't shoot me if I am wrong but I think i recall a conversation with Tim and he mentioned these

Comment

Adjustable links? Why in earth?
                -

Comment

Cheers Guys, the forum does it once again.....

Comment

Originally posted by porkkis
                    Adjustable links? Why in earth?

You use the adjutable links to eliminate preload in the ARB. The ARB should be final mounted to the links with the car on the deck or ramp. This way the bar does not hang. The adjustable link allows you to set the ends so they just slide into the mounting holes without having to put load on the bar, to get the holes lined up. Preload.

Also, install with person in the drivers seat. Just like with an alignment.

Greg
                    They can have my car when they pry my cold dead fingers from the steering wheel.

Comment

Originally posted by 90quattrocoupe
                      You use the adjutable links to eliminate preload in the ARB. The ARB should be final mounted to the links with the car on the deck or ramp. This way the bar does not hang. The adjustable link allows you to set the ends so they just slide into the mounting holes without having to put load on the bar, to get the holes lined up. Preload.

Also, install with person in the drivers seat. Just like with an alignment.

Greg
                      I couldn't have said it better myself...I paid dearly for a one-off custom made set for my car. It's worth every penny, though! The difference in handling (especially at the limit) is u-n-b-e-l-i-e-v-a-b-l-e.
                      Joe "NoNonsense"
                      axis motorsport
                      joe@axismotorsport.com

"At the end of the game, the king and the pawn go back in the same box."

Comment

do you have pics on them customlinks????

Comment

Any bushes I've tryed from GSF I wouldn't use again. They don't seem to last. I prefer my stealer anyway. Genuine parts do seem to be better. I'm sure adjustable ones would be good. Another item for the wishlist.
                          Last edited by 4WheelDrifter; 20 January 2005, 22:38. Reason: vital missing letters (as usual!)
                          SS

Comment

I made custom droplinks as I used a front 20V ARB on the rear. It just so happens they are adjustable - not that they needed adjusted - if you need to tensionthe ARB, you should really look into what is not true on your suspension first.

Custom droplinks don't cost too much to make. Get standard metal ones. cut a bit out he centre shaft - thread the 2 ends - get an internally threaded bar and you have just made your own - easy. Or you can buy the ends and make a fully custom one.
                            Attached Files
                            S2,RS2,S4 WB,RS4,S4 B8,RS6 C5,RS6 C6,R8

Comment

like those rubber boots Doug. Can you email me the PN?
                              1995 S2 Avant with some upgrades

Designun Limited....
                              Aerospace, Space and Motorsport Design Consultancy and hardware supply.

Comment

Working...
                              X