Chassis upgrades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chassis upgrades

So I recently refreshed my 90 coupe with a pile of new bushings and upgrades along with a pair of swaybars. After finishing a long road trip with some very twisty very tight corners I find myself happy with what I have, but wanting more at the same time.

Car has 034 Al subframe bushing all around
    034 track density transmounts
    034 track denisty poly diff mount
    new tierods in rear
    new OEM control arm bushings all around
    new ball joints
    RS2 FARB
    and a 25mm control arm mounted RARB

Car is setup for rally-x events so it's ~1/2-3/4" taller then stock, but even as it is the car is tight in the corners, very neutral, but I would like a little more tail snap to help it rotate. Is there any options i can do either alignment wise or component wise to get the rear to come around (power isn't an option since it's still a NA 7A at the moment).

TIA
    Sean
    91 CQ Elanor 1.9L compound Turbo build. Fully built internals, full race oval port head, custom race cam. GT2256v and hy35 in compounds.

I think if it's for rally events I would go with an S2 FARB to make it less neutral and will tend to oversteer more. That bit of difference between the S2/RS2 FARB is actually quite large!
    1996 S2 ABY Silver

Comment

Many things you can do. Quickest and cheapest are as above, use a softer front ARB, and/or more negative toe (out) at the rear a touch.
      Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
      Indigo ABY coupé
      Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

it was more understeer happy without the front bar at all then it was with it.
        Sean
        91 CQ Elanor 1.9L compound Turbo build. Fully built internals, full race oval port head, custom race cam. GT2256v and hy35 in compounds.

Comment

Working...
        X