electric power steering pump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• electric power steering pump

electric power steering pump looking for some info what's best and what has been done thanks in advance

I have been looking for power steering pump also. Corsa B/C Electric steering column and A6 brake boster would be best solution. Not sure how steering rack will work/last with EPS. Manual steering rack is probably with different ratio. Problme might be also that the EPS does not work so well if there is no resistance from steering rack.

Easiest would be to put electric driven hydraulic pump to trunk or under bonnet. Many use Toyota MR2 pump.

Cheap and available options are from Opel/Wauxhall Astra or Zafira
    pump made by Delph power supply. two signal wires. One behind key and other one to alternator light

TRW 1 gen. I have been told that this is worst ever

TRW 2 gen probably. Not sure how the connection is. There is three signal wires. Somewhere I saw that the third one is only for diagnostics (not 100%)

Some smart guy could probably make pwm box with potentiometer to have adjustable/trimmable pump.
    Last edited by hiloran; 24 March 2015, 11:52.

Comment

TRW 2 gen connection is
      Key switch: black
      Alternator: Blue / White
      Diagnostic: Brown / white

Comment

citroen saxo i think works... A forum member uses it.
        Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

Originally posted by Billman View Post
          citroen saxo i think works... A forum member uses it.
          Does it work also for brakes or do you still need to go for brake booster

Comment

I've tried the saxo pump and the steering was fine but the brakes were intermittent, not good

Also tried a Toyota mr2 pump and it did exactly the same.

I've gone back to the belt driven pump.
            The ONLY S2 Golf!
            http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19402
            10.42@138mph
            https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0wnkkOfFpXg

Comment

I believe electric pump is only good for steering. For brakes you need booster

Comment

Any idea what means or what for is diagnostic connection (brown/white) on TRW 2 gen pump ? what it can diagnose ? fluid level ? :mischeif:
                how many A protection is originally for this pump

Comment

Working...
                X