Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RS2 Drop Links

Guys any BTDTs...

As I'm about to change the drop links on my Coupe, is it worth moving to the metal RS2 front drop links in place of the S2 plastic ones.

Any handling or fitting issues?

Cheers
    Jim

Jim,

Might be worth having a word with QRSports because they do rose jointed ones which are ment to have less slop than the standard drop links.

Mine had metal ones fitted before so i fitted those when i changed them last year, the look to be a bit tougher than the plastic ones.

Greg
    Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

metal all round on mine too, changed them a while back (were from GSF) and they have been fine ever since, no more low speed bloody creaking :LOL: was driving me insane
      sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Greg, thanks I spoke to Chris @ QRSport but he did warn their metal ones are more suitable for track use than everyday road use. So I thoght I'd take a look at other options.
        Thanks
        Jim

Comment

Originally posted by s2driveruk
          metal all round on mine too, changed them a while back (were from GSF) and they have been fine ever since, no more low speed bloody creaking :LOL: was driving me insane
          David, are these listed as S2 or RS2 parts?
          Cheers
          Jim

Comment

When fitting the metal drops to an s2, dont you need to upgrade to the rs2 antiroll bar? thought i saw that posted somewhere, im probably wrong though!
            Pearl white 91-S2-3B K&N cone air filter - Home made induction pipe work - 18" RS4 replica alloys - Yokohama Parada Spec 2 rubber - Colour coded body work - Bilstein/H&R suspension - s/s 3in turbo back Longlife exhaust - SFS water hoses - Samco boost hoses - RS2 FARB - RS2 eyeballs - Squeaky interior trim & 2 bar!

Comment

No, the metal drops are a straight fit. S2s up until 1994 all came with the metal drops as standard.

You'll need 4 new lock nuts. The old ones tend to get mashed when you remove them.

8A0 407 465 C is what you're after.
              Mike

http://www.s2-audi.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Mikes2
                8A0 407 465 C is what you're after.
                Cheers Mike, is that the same part no f+r?
                Jim

Comment

Originally posted by blu_s2
                  Cheers Mike, is that the same part no f+r?
                  No, that's only a front part number. Haven't done the rears so don't know the number. It's a slightly different setup at the back.
                  Mike

http://www.s2-audi.co.uk

Comment

Jim, there is a post somewhere on the forum from me with the gsf part numbers - cant remember them offhand but if you dont find them let me know and I can dig them up on the old receipt. IIRC the gsf ref is a 5 digit number
                    sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Thanks again guys, just in case anyobne else follows this thread in months to come here's the link to the gsf part no.s.....

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthr...&highlight=gsf
                      Jim

Comment

I am assuming that these are the Powerflex poly bushes required the finish the job (RS2 FARB)

http://www.powerflex.co.uk/products....2&catalog=0102

And there is a drawing to go with if if you click the drawing tab
                        Last edited by GeorgeS2UK; 15 February 2005, 11:36.
                        91 S2 3B in Pearl, Miltek, De-Cat pipes, Short Shifter, 996 Monoblocks + 323 A8 Discs, Whiteline R-ARB:MRC Generic 3B Chips

Comment

they are quite expensive for what they are, i think they are £14 each for the RS2 ARB bushes!

Greg
                          Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Hi Guys!

Since this thread ended up in the famous polyflex bushes and pricing, could anyone tip me from where to get the best price. Want to change the 4 ARB, All busshes, diff mount. I have seen in one thread some months ago that it was ARB s that was adjustable, is this to preffer??

Vegard

Comment

Originally posted by Mikes2
                              No, the metal drops are a straight fit. S2s up until 1994 all came with the metal drops as standard.
                              Mines a 93my and has plastic ones
                              Was a '93 3B, Dont ask now tho......

Comment

Working...
                              X