UrS6 - rear Anti-Roll Bar Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UrS6 - rear Anti-Roll Bar Question

Is the Apikol rear ARB an upgrade of the oem one on European UrS6 cars ?, or just the same as the European oem one, but aimed at US cars that may not have been fitted with an em rear ARB by Audi ?

Is there any different between C4 UrS6 Avant and Saloon suspension ?

Is any kit from a C4 with a 4.2L V8 that is a factory upgrade for a C4 AAN, such as suspension - springs, shocks front ARB, or engine / gear box mounts / front snubber, or was everything the same for the two models ?

Thanks Dave.

I wrote a very long response late last night but I guess I just previewed it before I turned off the computer and never actually posted it (missing this AM). I don't have the energy to go through all of it again so I will just give you this:

1. Apikol rear sway bar was originated by Hap Maguire for his rear-swaybar-less 1993 UrS4. After various people have handled the production, it came home to roost at Apikol along with several improvements along the way and by Apikol. It is an upgrade to both the 1BA (non-sport) and 1BE (sport) suspensions. It is a thicker bar and and it is adjustable compared to the OE thinner, non-adjustable bar. Mounts to either the 1BA or 1BE subframe/crossmembers.

2. C4 UrS suspension is either 1BA or 1BE but even then, the selection of springs is dependent on the engine (AAN or ABH V8), transmission (manual or autobox) and/or aircon/no-aircon. Engine and transmissions being the same, the 1BE sport suspension was about 19 mm less tall than the 1BA non-sport suspension.

Click on the Front suspension and Rear Suspension labels in this "hot linked" UrS System and Chassis map:

http://members.shaw.ca/speedtek/UrS%...sis%20Map.html

Eibachs and Bilstein sport shocks were a popular combo but I don't think the Eibachs are available anymore.

Now people use H&R springs and either Bilstein sports or Koni adjustable (full hard) shocks. H&R 29800 springs are popular.

HTH
    RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
    94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

Originally posted by UrS4boy View Post
      Now people use H&R springs and either Bilstein sports or Koni adjustable (full hard) shocks. H&R 29800 springs are popular.
      Here is a 94 RHD autobox UrS4 in New Zealand that was running H&R 29828 springs (also listed in that H&R catalogue page I posted above):

RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
      94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

Working...
      X