Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Part number on seal kit to s2/rs2 steering rack?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Part number on seal kit to s2/rs2 steering rack?

Hello!

I need to rebuilt my steering rack p/n 895 422 065 C Audi s2/rs2 LHD.
    Is the right rack seal kit part number 8A1 498 020?
    I called my local dealer and they could not answare me for sure.
    Hope one of you can help me.

Thanks.

Greeting, Emil

S2 and RS2 LHD steering rack and seal kit PNs

Originally posted by Haukhjemsen View Post
    Hello! I need to rebuilt my steering rack p/n 895 422 065 C Audi s2/rs2 LHD. Is the right rack seal kit part number 8A1 498 020? Greeting, Emil
    8A1498020 = seal kit for Audi 80 including S2 ABY non-Servotronic steering box,
    895422065C )

895498020 = seal kit for Audi 90 including S2 ABY Servotronic steering box, 8A1422065EX

(Depends if you have 1N1 (= non-Servotronic) or 1N3 (= Servotronic) in the third row, far left, of your build tag)

LHD RS2s seem to use the "1N1" 895422065C non-Servotronic steering boxes so presumably the seal kit code should be the 8A1498020 kit.

Example build tag:

RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
    94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

Hi!

Thank you for your quick reply. I know for sure that it's without servotronic, but are there someone here that can confirm that part no 8A1498020 will fit steering rack no 895 422 065 C.

Thanks!

Emil

Comment

It does.
        Just had a cross check with my ETKA man at the dealer.
        Did order one myself to keep if needed as long that it's available.
        Around 40 euros
        http://www.audisportclub.com/

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/vbgoogl...227295&zoom=16

Comment

Originally posted by Haukhjemsen View Post
          Hi! Thank you for your quick reply. I know for sure that it's without servotronic, but are there someone here that can confirm that part no 8A1498020 will fit steering rack no 895 422 065 C. Thanks! Emil
          Dude: Thanks for the vote of confidence (NOT). I am almost *NEVER* wrong about part numbers. I guess I should have posted these yesterday rather than just typing words and numbers based on the diagrams below.

I can NOT explain while the ABY S2 steering rack part number crosses to the RS2 but the seal kit for the same rack does not cross to the RS2. I would think that is just an oversight on Audi's part. They don't even list a seal kit for the RS2 so maybe they just wanted RS2 folks to buy a new rack if their's was leaking.

Note that the Servotronic seal kit is a different part number:

Attached Files

Comment

Very little can go wrong if someone has ETKA handy and a bit of experience with it's tools like TVN.....
            So no miracle in this and many case.
            Still we appreciate a lot if someone has the will (and loads of free time) to do the TVNs search for others
            So BRAVO UrS4boy!

Stefano

P.S.
            And ofcourse experience on screenshots
            http://www.audisportclub.com/

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/vbgoogl...227295&zoom=16

Comment

Thanks Stephano. Yup. Absolutely no magic. Just a bit of time and effort (and maybe skill). I just didn't like being doubted (I am rarely wrong on PNs and work hard to stay that way with various cross-checks, etc. ).

Comment

Hi

It was in no way meant to doubt the part number you gave me, my thought was rather to double check so that I was quite sure since I got quoted by WAG that this kit not containing ADU. But I trust you and book this part no. Thank you for your help with the part number, much appreciated. Good that the forum has such members as you

Comment

I hope I have not lost all opportunities to get help with questions about parts when I asked last time. I wonder if it is possible to buy end cap on steering rack? And is the threads m52x1,5 on the cap and rack?

Comment

Working...
                  X