Superflex Subframe Bush Sleeves Don't look Quite Right

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Superflex Subframe Bush Sleeves Don't look Quite Right

I'm just about to fit a new set of Superflex subframe bushes and noticed that the metal sleeves are a bit longer than the bushes, which doesn't look quite right. I suppose they will be fine if there is room for the sleeve to be slotted into the mounting points but I wanted to check if anyone knows before I took the old subframe off?

Here's a pic to illustrate:

You did not match the bushes right. The ones on the right go on top, sit on the chassis, the ones on the left go on the bottom, touch the head od the bolt.
    Audi Quattro WR

Comment

Originally posted by SkĂĽll View Post
      You did not match the bushes right. The ones on the right go on top, sit on the chassis, the ones on the left go on the bottom, touch the head od the bolt.
      I tried them that way around first but they don't fit either. I'm sure they go this way around as it's the only way that there is a short bush for the rear and a tall bush for the front mountings.

Comment

The details here seem to support the way I have them setup:
        http://www.superflex.co.uk/proddetai...=SF080-1797KSS

Comment

Yes, quite some time passed since i installed them. The trick is that the upper and lower bush don't touch each other when installed, there is that mm of gap between them.
          Audi Quattro WR

Comment

You've mixed them up. The chamfered edge bush is the lower (road side) piece, the square edge goes against the chassis. The bushes don't meet in the middle when installed.

HTH
            Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
            Indigo ABY coupé
            Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Thanks for the pointers! The reason I thought they couldn't go this way around was that in this format the rear bushes meet in the middle and leave about a 2mm gap:

So in this format it looks like the subframe would be loose at the rear as there is barely any room for the bush to squash up and close the gap:

Last edited by Colesy; 14 March 2015, 19:18.

Comment

Working...
              X