Poly bushes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poly bushes

Got home about 10pm tonight after spending a few hours getting my motor ready for the journey to Baschurch on friday. I decided it was time to change all the wishbone bushes as they were starting to flex alot under braking, whch must have made them bad during cornering.

I bough Superflex rear bushes for the pressed steel arms and Powerflex front bushes for the cast arms.

The Superflex bushes are a much better kit of bits, but they dont do bushes for the cast arms

Fitted them along with some new blue top mounts, and the difference is unreal. It now drives in a straight line, no tramlining!!!

Also changed thefront pads as they didnt work aswell without any friction material on them

The old bushes were a pig to get out, but i got there! Havent had time to align it all up yet.

The only downside to all this is the harshness of the ride. With the alloy subframe mounts and poly bushes all round, and the koni shocks, the ride is now very harsh, BUT the feeling is so much improved its worth it.

Also the bushes dont squeak (yet)
    sigpic
    Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
    Audi UR Quattro
    Audi 100 C3 2.0 5 cyl 115ps
    Audi S2 - 07k engine project aiming for 800ps
    Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

I was wondering what the ride would be like with the subframe bushes and poly bushes. I looked at the superflex ones too, definetly a better design but design to go with powerflex because they had the right ones for both ends of the car.

Greg
    Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

IMHO the alu subframe bushes in combination with the powerflex wishbonebushes are way to stiff for everyday driving. For track use it would be great. the steering is far more superior then with the oem rubbers all around. I'm changing them back to rubber subframe bushes.....
      Cheers
      RS2 Black - stock 315 HP
      RS2 RS blau - stock 315 HP
      Sport Quattro - 1005 HP
      High Octane website

Comment

Well i can live with the harshness, the car is used as a performance car, there arent many supercars that arent hard riding.
        sigpic
        Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
        Audi UR Quattro
        Audi 100 C3 2.0 5 cyl 115ps
        Audi S2 - 07k engine project aiming for 800ps
        Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

I've driven all sorts of supercars but this isn't fun anymore......at least on my car
          RS2 Black - stock 315 HP
          RS2 RS blau - stock 315 HP
          Sport Quattro - 1005 HP
          High Octane website

Comment

Why does it stand that the bushes for the ARB on the S2 are N/A on VAG parts? Is there other bushes there??

Vegard

Comment

Working...
            X