Front subframe torque moments cq20v

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front subframe torque moments cq20v

Guys, please, do you know torque moments front subframe on coupe quattro 20V 125kW? I read somwhere 35Nm + 1/4 turn, but i think that is not enough...
    Audi Coupe Quattro 2.3 20V

Originally posted by Tom_ View Post
    Guys, please, do you know torque moments front subframe on coupe quattro 20V 125kW? I read somwhere 35Nm + 1/4 turn, but i think that is not enough...
    Not a CQ but very likely to be similar:

http://12v.org/urs/FrontSuspensionTorqueValues.PDF

RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
    94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

Thanks lot, i have some manula and there are 35NM+ 1/4 turn, so can i trust to your information? I know, its more than mine, but i want to be sure . Thank you

Comment

Thanks lot, i have some manula and there are 35NM+ 1/4 turn, so can i trust to your information? I know, its more than mine, but i want to be sure . Thank you
        You can trust my info for a C4 UrS. 35 Nm is not very much. The spark plugs are 30 Nm. I would check (no pun intended) your data again.

Comment

I find the same numbers here... http://www.s2-audi.co.uk/tech_articl...r_subframe.htm I know, but the front and the rear are the same torque...Maybe that 90° can be another 60 Nm, isnt it?

Comment

Comment

Looks like you have your B3 info and you can just ignore my C4 info. I am shocked at the low torques on that diagram, even with the 90 deg turn comment.

I find the same numbers here... http://www.s2-audi.co.uk/tech_articl...r_subframe.htm I know, but the front and the rear are the same torque...Maybe that 90° can be another 60 Nm, isnt it?

Comment

I am shocked too and now i dont know whats the true...This manual looks good and its very usefull, but now i am a little bit nervous, if its there a true/correct informations...

Comment

Tom, the spec you gave is correct for the M10 bolts used on your car.

Comment

Nuvo : thank you . Do you think that is enough? I will visit a circuit in Brno, so i want to be sure, that no problém will happened , if you understand me

Comment

As per my PM Tom, mine used to come loose on track using factory settings.
                      I now use 12.9 high tensile bolts and do them up to 80nm - no problems

HTH
                      Alex
                      Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                      Indigo ABY coupé
                      Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Ok Alex, I do it again, 80NM, i have 12.9 bolts aswell and blue Loctite and i think that will be no problem Thanks everyone

Comment

careful with loctite or you'll never get them off due to the captive nuts not being captive...
                          Cheers'en, AndyC
                          1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

You think? **** i used loctite yesterday, but i get bolts tightened on 35Nm + 90° turn...so now i am nervous, if i could them remove

Comment

35 Nm + 90 degrees is a higher torque than 80 Nm.

I never had any problems on track with the standard torque. The most important bit is that it's done with the car on the ground
                              Mike

http://www.s2-audi.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                              X