OEM or aftermarket?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OEM or aftermarket?

I think its time to replace the suspension. Should i go for after market Koni, HR etc etc. Or just get some OEM Spring&Dampers.

Whats the price diff between them.

Also how many of you have such a mod declared to the con artists who call themselves Insurance Companies?
    Coupe

If it helps - I have the Koni/H&R shocks/springs setup and while the ride is certainly firm, it's really well controlled and I have no complaints about it at all. Can't say what the price was above that of the standard parts, but can't imagine it's all that more.

Some insurance companies you'll find don't have a problem with modifications - if you tell them about them you should be fine - all that happens is that in the event of theft/accident, the extra cost of the modded parts are not covered over the cost of the standard replacement.

In fact, some of the more enlightened insurance companies may even give you a discount if you have mods - provided you're a member of an official Audi Club and attend events (yes, going to Castle Combe can actually reduce your premium).
    Ex S2 owner, now running around in an A4 Avant quattro...

Comment

I have the H&R / Koni setup and it is not a harsh ride. I do have 35 profile tyres that made it a bit more harsh - I reckon if you are on standard 55 profile tyres it will still be very comfortable.

And if you get proper modified insurance for your car, all your mods are insured.
      S2,RS2,S4 WB,RS4,S4 B8,RS6 C5,RS6 C6,R8

Comment

I can get billies off ebay, but dunno if the model number is right.
        Anyone shed light on this?

=============================
        PASSEND FÃœR AUDI 80/90 TYP 89,89Q, 8A,B3,

8C,B4

8G7,B4

89,8B ALLE TYPEN (44239)
        ===========================

Mine is an ABY model.
        Coupe

Comment

Abs,

I posted the strut insert part numbers on a previous post a while back - let me know if you cannot find them....?

The Bilsteins and H&R's are a good combination but as you'd expect the ride is firmer and more fidgety on poor surfaces. having said that they kill body roll and diving on braking which is a plus as is the increased steering feel.

David
          sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Working...
          X