Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coupe with KW-V1 pic request?

Hi,

Just finished refurbing the rear suspension on my coupe and fitted KWs but kind of surprised that they don't seem to go that low. Not really bothered about having my car sitting on the deck but more just wanted to check that I've not done anything wrong when fitting the top mounts etc.

I'm expecting a small drop when they settle in but does this look normal sort of height prior to settling fully wound down?

That's low, and will likely settle once you have drive it.

Comment

I would have thought they'd go lower than that, mine is only a bit higher and it has a good 50mm of preload on it.
      sigpic
      1991 Audi S2 3B - 2.5 Stroker engine
      1997 A6 2.5TDi quattro avant - C4
      1976 RD250E / 350LC cafe racer

Comment

Thanks guys, I'd have expected it be a bit lower than it is but it will settle plus there's little to no fuel in it so time will tell. I've just started the front end so it could be a while before we're back on the road.

Comment

it will be lower when you move those blocks of wood

Comment

My coupe on V1s, it wasn no where NEAR on its lowest setting, i would say it was in the middle of the range.

Comment

Yup, mine is actually near the top of the adjustment, i.e. it won;t go a great deal higher:

Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
              Indigo ABY coupé
              Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Point is, as you have just dropped it off the jack, the wheels where at full droop therefore with the arc of the wishbone, the wheels will have moved in, as the tyres contact the blocks of wood, they won't move outwards due to gripping the wood, therefore will stop the suspension from settling properly.

I expect it to drop more once it has moved a few feet back and forward once off the blocks.

Only other options is if you have fitted the front struts on the rear(!)

Comment

Originally posted by Bowie69 View Post
                  Point is, as you have just dropped it off the jack, the wheels where at full droop therefore with the arc of the wishbone, the wheels will have moved in, as the tyres contact the blocks of wood, they won't move outwards due to gripping the wood, therefore will stop the suspension from settling properly.

I expect it to drop more once it has moved a few feet back and forward once off the blocks.

Only other options is if you have fitted the front struts on the rear(!)
                  That makes total sense mate, thanks.

Thanks for all the other replies too, helped set my mind at ease and hopefully I'll get the front done soon so I can get it mobile again!!

Comment

Working...
                  X