Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can i use this parts from FWD V6 b4 coupe to B2 GTQ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can i use this parts from FWD V6 b4 coupe to B2 GTQ?

Hi guys,

well i just bought a b4 V6 coupe 2.8 AAH FWD (because since some years i collect parts for my GTQ85 AAN swap)

and wanna start to prepare chassis of my GTQ85 and change 4x108 to 5x112

So, here are the questions

- can i take front subframe, forged wishbone, subframe stabilizer from V6 AAH ? (i know i can use strut with 82mm hub carrier, with girling 60 brake, already & took my C4 S4 hub with 5mm machined) is it plug&play ?
    - can i use V6 AAH axle shaft with replacing CVjoint with a S2 Cvjoint 108mm to put on genuine GTQ gearbox ? i guess i must use 108 mm flange for gearbox (i have from Audi 100)

Did i miss something ?

a big thanks for your help guys ;-) and sorry if the subject was already discuss before
    sigpic

Only driveshafts assemblies and hubs are useless, all the other suspension bits are very worthy.

Comment

I'm sorry but to be sure you say the whole driveshaft is useless or if i put a S2 "head" to gearbox side it's ok ? i know this driveshaft are ok length and ok teeth wheels side but maybe it's different for the gearbox

so i can put the whole subframe with stabilizer, strut (maybe not the spring ? or no interest), forged wishbones, brakes on my GT typ85 quattro without problem ?

Again thanks man, you already help me a lot with rear 5x112 tips ;-)

Tof
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Macchris View Post
        if i put a S2 "head" to gearbox side it's ok ?
        Yes, it will fit in this case.

i know this driveshaft are ok length and ok teeth wheels side but maybe it's different for the gearbox
        Exactly. It has tripods to the gearbox. This issue has to be solved and It could be done several ways: joints, gearbox flanges, gearbox assembly... we need to know which gearbox is going to be used.

so i can put the whole subframe with stabilizer, strut (maybe not the spring ? or no interest), forged wishbones, brakes on my GT typ85 quattro without problem ?
        Yes.

Comment

Exactly. It has tripods to the gearbox. This issue has to be solved and It could be done several ways: joints, gearbox flanges, gearbox assembly... we need to know which gearbox is going to be used.
          thanks
          yes i know for the tripod about V6, i wanna mean the splines of shaft gearbox side is maybe different between S2 & V6 AAH ?
          sigpic

Comment

oh the gearbox will be the genuine one from GTQ85 but i cannot remember the gearbox Code (US?)
            it's a swiss quattro with 2.2 Hy engine
            sigpic

Comment

i wanna mean the splines of shaft gearbox side is maybe different between S2 & V6 AAH ?
              As far as I know splines for tripod are different from that ones, which we need for our familiar CV-joints: neither 100mm, nore 108mm. But I can't confirm surely: I have never hold 80 V6 FWD tripod shafts in my hands, but I have looked at S6C5 shafts and some others... I don't know any inner CV-joint which would fit these tripod splines.

My opinion is to forget about these tripoid shafts and get usual shafts with both CV-joints. At last at ours they are extremely simple to gain.

Comment

usual shaft from s2 or URq i guess so ?

Tof
                sigpic

Comment

Ha-ha, S2 or UrQ shafts are close to impossible to buy, I believe... but they would be the best option of course.

Many simple "weak" shafts from audi 80/90/coupe quattro and FWD can be used, but they may be too skinny for a motor with big torque and grip.

Some shaft info: http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80304

Comment

less expensive s2 driveshaft i have found
                    http://www.ebay.de/itm/ANTRIEBSWELLE...YAAOSwnLdWsJts
                    sigpic

Comment

Looks interesting. At last figures 108 and 38 are similar to true.

Your gearbox flanges should be confirmed to be 108mm.

Comment

i have flange in 108 from an Audi 100, so i think i'll fit ;-)
                        sigpic

Comment

Did you check if this flange fits your gearbox? I'm not familiar to 016 transmissions from B2. But I know that It is not all that easy with my 01A transmission flanges swap.

Comment

nope that's another question i wanna post later lol
                            sigpic

Comment

Well, i have just remembered i have for spare a typ85 Audi 90Q gearbox ! so i can try the flange swap 100 ---> 108

& that works ! size are the same except 100/108 diameter of course (diameter, lenght, teeth, ... everything, even if picture could believe the sizes are differents)

Left : Flange from Audi 100 2.0 KP typ44 (cannot remember the year)
                              Right : Flange from Audi 90Q typ85

i have turned the flange inside gearbox without problem

if this can help other people
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X