Where do I place my jack??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where do I place my jack??

I'm about to change oil and thermostat on my RS2 and I'm wondering what part of the car is used to jack it up when using one of those big jacks that lift both front wheels at a time.
    I guess it's okay to use the diff when jacking the rear, but I just can't see a safe piont at the front..

Please excuse my english and lack of correct term (like big jack)

On the fronts, you can use the subframe between the wishbones, is the jack a pit jack such as the one attached. If it is this type, you will have to put rubber blocks on the feet and jack the front up by the jacking points
    Attached Files
    Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler.--:Albert Einstein

Comment

If you have the undertray out then use the front subframe, else you have to raise it one side first. Rear use the subframe NOT the diff.
      -

Comment

I have used the "skid" channels before with a wooden block to fill the void, if you see what I mean....

Cheers,

Steve.
        The Perfectionist
        sigpic
        Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

usually at front jack just by the plastic bung near sill similar at rear where normal jack point is.

Greg
          Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Working...
          X