Koni or Bilstein?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Firstly, thanks to those that have mentioned me above

Secondly, I can supply Koni, Bilstein and KW along with other brands. However, for our era of Audi, if you want coilovers then KW is pretty much the only option these days AFAIK.
    But to replace the dampers only for use on standard or lowering springs, I would choose the Bilsteins all day long.

But each to their own.

Thanks again

Yaz
    1992 Audi 100 2.8 Quattro
    1993 Audi Cab 2.3
    1995 Audi URS6 Avant
    1999 Audi S8 D2 FL
    2005 Skoda Octavia Elegance Variant TDi
    2012 VW CC BlueMotion Tech DSG

Comment

Cheers, Yaz.

Had the numbers through now and I think it's time to go down the Bilstein route, although it's a shame that the fronts for the 55mm struts aren't B8s to match the rear.

I may keep the Konis that are on the car, as I can have them rebuilt if needs must.
      Cheers'en, AndyC
      1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

Just got home Bilstein B6s from rexbo.eu, 157 eur per damper + vat. Had Bilstein on 3 last cars, S3 8L, A4 B6 and S2 as the current car. Sweet ride, not too harsh but firmer than oem. Had Yellow Konis on a 90 20v years ago and the car was almoust undrivable on bad roads, way to harsh for daily use.
        '91 Audi S2 Coupe
        '85 Audi 80

Comment

The issue with Konis in my experience is that they are impossible to adjust correctly as the damping curve is non-linear - you are just guessing. Add to that the damping is pretty crude. I went from Konis and H&Rs to KWs and the ride quality improved with 2 x stiffer spring rates.
          Fixed rate dampers are a better bet unless you spend proper dollars on high quality adjustables IMHO. In summary, get the Billies
          Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
          Indigo ABY coupé
          Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

I agree Alex!
            1992 Audi 100 2.8 Quattro
            1993 Audi Cab 2.3
            1995 Audi URS6 Avant
            1999 Audi S8 D2 FL
            2005 Skoda Octavia Elegance Variant TDi
            2012 VW CC BlueMotion Tech DSG

Comment