Avant rear tie rods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avant rear tie rods

First, sorry for the nonstop stupid questions But here goes: I'm about to do a complete overhaul on the rear subframe. Just looked under the car and the tie rods and the ARB drop links need replacement. I have 2 part numbers for the rear tie rod and I understand that one is longer than the other. Which one is the right for -93 Avant?

Part #

893 501 499 A
    893 501 499 B

Best place to buy?

I think you need 2x 8A0501530C. If you live in Finland, check out Spareto.

Comment

http://audi.7zap.com/en/rdw/audi+80+.../501-501020/#1

Comment

Shouldn't look for coupe parts when i have avant Because that avant tie rod does not have the threaded part, the tire angle will be set with the eccentric bolt? Or am I just completely lost here?
        Last edited by Antsa; 10 January 2017, 23:24.

Comment

You're correct, eccentric bolt will do the trick.

Comment

What started out as a clean up some of the rust has turned into a major overhaul. I've now decided to strip the rear end of the avant to get at the rust on the underneath and to get all the suspension cleaned up. I've loosened a fair amount of the nuts and bolts without shearing any, so far. I'm a bit stuck with the inner end of the tie rod. Nut is loose but doesn't look like the bolt is coming out.

Read through quite a few posts and it looks like the tie rods are NLA. Also read something about Kev (Bambridge) producing the inner bush but not sure if that was for a coupe or avant, mine's an avant. I've messaged Kev, but no reply as yet.

My question is, what is the concensus on how to sort this? I'll be removing the subframe, although I haven't yet managed to detach the outer end from the hub. That's also a bit tight but I think I'll be able to sort.

Any suggestions or advice gratefully received.

Alistair

Comment

They were available when I did mine. Only 2 years ago.
              I have my old ones somewhere which are still serviceable if you are stuck.
              Nothelle S2 Avant
              Black Ur project
              Ocianic Ur project gone
              S2 Coupe project gone
              Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Alistair,

Kev's bushings were for B3 types. Those eccentric inner bolts' washers are keyed to the bolt to rotate with it (see attached drwg. blow-up), so they have a large surface area that may be rusted, which could hinder removal. Perhaps a very good long repetitive soaking with some genuine penetrating oil or kerosene would free them? This is a good spot to use anti-seize on all the bits before re-installation.

Screen Shot 2021-07-08 at 13.32.25.png

Comment

Have you tried Meyle or Lemforder for the replacements? If you use 7zap Audi and find the oem part you want on the diagram it gives you an option of aftermarket alternatives with part numbers. ( Not trying to teach you to suck eggs). This is what I done when I was sourcing the front arm kit for my B5 RS4 . Got all Lemforder ones .
                  As for the bolt seized I had the same problem when I refreshed my RS2 many years ago . I had to cut it off and drill it out in the end .

Comment

Available at Audi Tradition 92 Euro or on eBay £50.
                    Search part number 8A0501530C.
                    Nothelle S2 Avant
                    Black Ur project
                    Ocianic Ur project gone
                    S2 Coupe project gone
                    Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Thank you for the help gents. Just released the ball joint at the other end so I'll get the subframe off and tackle the issue from there. Only just started using 7zap so thanks for the advice. I'll post the outcome when I have got the frame off.

Thanks again.

Comment

And Dave, couldn't find them on an ebay search. Can you send me a link please.

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          Nothelle S2 Avant
                          Black Ur project
                          Ocianic Ur project gone
                          S2 Coupe project gone
                          Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Originally posted by Tractor Dave View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            We'll look into it as well. My uncle got this new Avant project and it needs some TLC. We'll just finish installing the new bumper and winch from 4Wheelonline onto the Wrangler this week and we'll fully check what else it needs.

Comment

The spammer needs to go.

Comment

Working...
                              X