• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• suspension for a hot street - amateur track car

Guys

i have an usr6 1995 , aan with a 01e

nowadays the car has a set of bilstein b8 and h&r 29800 springs
    i dont have any kind of weight reducion. i use the car to travel with my family so even the a/c is blowing cold air.

the car is pushing +- 400 awhp . it run on vems and e85.i dont need more power because on some curves the car smoke the tires on aceleration because poor weight distribution + the lateral g

for the street, the car is perfect.

for the track, i feel i need more spring power on the front
    check those pictures how´s the front in diving and the rear is in the air.
    I am not even using good tires. just some crap street tires that went thru 3 track days already.

i don´t wanna use kw because of costs and the actual difficulty to find it here in brazil

i was thinking on using h&r race springs, 29771 , but as i researched, those springs are for the s6 plus with a v8 engine and possibly with auto trans. much heavier than my aan with 01e..
    so i guess i will have height problems between the front and the rear.

eibach are supposed to be softer then h&r
    any one has any comments on this?

apikol rear sway bar? i dont see the apikol fixing the dive issue. it can help the balance on the curves but not the dive itself

i need to brake from 240 to 120/130 in 100 meters and it sucks doing so with the rear end dancing

The first photo looks like the front brake caliper is very hot ?

Anyway, a bit of tail end dancing makes the track driving more exciting while still being reasonable safe as you're on a track. But you may not agree.

An Apokil rear anti roll bar will make a good addition to the road and the track.

Agreed KW is outside my budget also, but I'd be pretty sure it would rectify your 'problem'.

As an aside, the spec of the car sounds good - enjoy.

Comment

Hey Macspring

yeah, it is using semi metallic pads.The brakes are awesome.

The pads aren´t my favorite but that what i had ready for use .actually they went fine on the track. suprised...

i am not complaining about a little tail happy. but massive body roll and massive nose dive . i am kinda disappointed with the bilsteins and hr 29800

a little trail braking is good for our cars, but not swaying around the corners on body roll

i know apikol will be an improvement . i just was thinking on something else cheaper.

those hr race springs may be a good call...but i need to check if they are actually made for my aan 01e ..

Comment

Hey alev8,
        I've got a similar car with the same suspension. The springs are way too soft for serious track sessions. Your best option for improvement on a budget would be custom coilovers. You can have the bilsteins revalved for increased spring rates and may find a shop to weld on rings to make the coilovers. There are some nice threads that document this on some other Audi sites. The S6 is fun on the track, but it really needs some work to be more track worthy. Have fun!
        '05 CTS-V, '95 UrS6, '91 200 20V

Comment

Working...
        X