• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pisobiker
    RS2 front ARB on front,
    20V NM front 26mm ARB at rear.

It requires a bit of machining and welding on rear ARB and droplinks

But last two weeks we are having really bad weather here, so I'm having a nice opportunity for a good testing. Well, I can comfirm the same impressions I had when dry.
    Have to make sure it is the Quattro 20V NM as the 2WD has a different ARB that does not fit.

If you can't get access to welding, you can cut and thread a 10mm diameter droplink - then just bolt on all the bits.

Good to hear yours handles well in the wet Marco - hopefully get mine on the road this weekend to try it.
    S2,RS2,S4 WB,RS4,S4 B8,RS6 C5,RS6 C6,R8

Comment

Hi Marco,

Good write up on the handling of your set up. I am glad to hear you don't get snap oversteer with that 26 mm rear ARB. It depends on the length of the arms, etc. Sounds like you have a good balance.

I am thinking of making my own adjustable drop-links. Should make it easier for me to make proper adjustments on the ARB arms.

ciao Buddy

Rich

Comment

quote:
        Mark H has Option C and I think Doug has Option D. I would really be interested in hearing how their cars behave.

Rich,
        sorry did'nt reply till now, been away for a few days.
        I'm very happy with the Whiteline rear ARB, the car feels much more positive and 'pointy'. I did have a small bit of oversteer the other day in the wet, but nothing dramatic. I will be fitting the RS2 front ARB, hopefully soon when I get around to it, I'm too busy with other bits of the car at the moment .
        As I have said before, the most impressive difference I have noticed is suprisingly (for me), straight line performance over rough terrain. A couple of weeks ago I went out for a blast with a friend and part of the route taken was down a twisty and very bumpy country road and at speeds that I would never have risked before, with the car becoming partially airborne at one point. Not once did it cause me concern or wipe the grin from my face, although I can't say the same for my passenger :eek2:
        Before the new rear ARB the car would feel nervous and 'jiggly' in the same situation.
        Just for the record I have the original dampers and springs (option code 1BE, sports pack).

Cheers,

Mark.
        Mark - Modded

Comment

How easy are these to fit?

Are they a direct fit and easy to do, or a lot of messing around and a pain???
          Ant

2007 Mk5 Golf GTi, 3 door, DSG, REVO Stg 2 and other goodies
          2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

takes 10-15mins to fit. Dead Easy, did mine without a jack or ramp
            Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Cool, cheers Greg...
              Ant

2007 Mk5 Golf GTi, 3 door, DSG, REVO Stg 2 and other goodies
              2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

Originally posted by Greg_S
                takes 10-15mins to fit. Dead Easy, did mine without a jack or ramp
                Greg,

Still haven't done mine. Too cold. Did you get a little plastic bag in you kit? What exactly is it? Lubricant to go inside the bushes to keep them from squeeking?

Comment

I have an avant so fitted the RS2 bars front and rear in early 2002. I didn't get a small bag with mine. I didn't order a kit, only piece parts from the stealers.

Mine never squeaked (installed dry) and I don't expect the stock rubber bushes to ever squeak since they are very soft. One thing I have noticed is that my bushes have worn a bit over that time (punished!). My solution is to get better bushes made from a more appropriate material. This is a custom mod as I don't belive these are available. The alternative is to use some lubricant. If that was supplied in your kit...brilliant.
                  1995 S2 Avant with some upgrades

Designun Limited....
                  Aerospace, Space and Motorsport Design Consultancy and hardware supply.

Comment

ive been wondering if anyone will make suitable Poly bushes for the ARB, could just put some copper clip on for good meausre.

The whitline rear ARB comes with poly bushes anyway.

Greg
                    Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Working...
                    X