Flywheel weight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flywheel weight

I have read a lot about Flywheels but I never hear about too light. Is a 9lb flywheel too light for a 20VT?

Andrew
    //-\\ ((_)) //)) //

it depends for what kind of use. For a 700hp racer with high idle, about 5 to 6kg might be ok.

7 to 8 kg flywheelie is good for street with stock idle with 3b, aan, aby. with adu not ok. adu idle needs to be raised about 200-100 rpm.

Comment

Does the Audi 200 3B Flywheel Fits an Rs2 without the spacer? What else must there be done? Does it needs balancing? Are 200 3B and S2 3B flywheels the same?
      Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

Originally posted by Billman
        Does the Audi 200 3B Flywheel Fits an Rs2 without the spacer? What else must there be done? Does it needs balancing? Are 200 3B and S2 3B flywheels the same?

s2-3b fits rs2, 200-3b does not, becouse it has big hole where crank bearing goes.

Comment

Can i ask something else! Are the NG and 7A flywheels the same like the S2 3B one? I have read that pisobiker has use an 7A one on his project!

The part numbers are:

034 105 270 E - NG
          034 105 270 K - NM, 7A
          034 105 270 AA - S2-3B
          Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

You can use the 7A flywheel on the 3B - it is heavier, but then it's to be expected, as low spped torque is not the 7A's best point. NG item is no good, as it doesn't have the timing pin for TDC at the back.
            Never show a fool a half built house.
            Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Life is like a **** sandwich
            The more bread you have, the less **** you eat

Comment

Working...
            X