Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audi driveshaft dimensions needed

Hi,

After playing with suspension geometry (I know, that it is stupid by definition ), it seems I need to modify driveshaft length. Is there any resource available, where I can check if there exists ones I need. In local scrapyards there are lots of driveshafts, however I need to know what I'm looking for (they don't allow to measure everything) .

Sau
    200 20vt 88' 3b, human carrier
    CQ typ85 with AAN inside, see project blog at http://kwlw.blogspot.com

what have you ,and what are you needed.audi have severals driveshafts

Comment

Originally posted by caterpillar
      I have 200 20v (3b). It seems, that both driveshafts are the same size - 610mm. Can it be so ? Also can it be, that they have 25 teeth outer side ?

Also, if you by an accident know that stuff, how many mm of freedom driveshaft can "eat" without consequences. I mean it should move in the CV joints a bit, but how much ?

The problem I have - is a bit widened front track. And I have driveshaft disconnected itself from CV joint. And due to torsen cannot determine when it happened - at the repair of rubber mountings (then it was noticed), or while normal driving due to the widened track. The problem only left driveshaft, right one stands in it's place and is able to drive the wheel.

Sau

Comment

Originally posted by caterpillar
        More like hundreds
        S2 Avant......fully loaded :rock: :bow: Slipper Wagons Rule !!!!!

Comment

why dont you use a spacer between the gearbox and the inner cv joint ?

Comment

Originally posted by volcano rs
            why dont you use a spacer between the gearbox and the inner cv joint ?
            Just because I'm stupid .

Always used to make ultracomlex solutions (like machining and combining CV joint from two different ones), where simplicity fits the best .

Thank's for great idea!

Sau

Comment

Does someone here know diameter of 3B right side (drivers side for UK; passengers side for rest of the Europe) drive-shaft. I mean what is the diameter of the end where you put on the outer CV-joint.

If someone has this information or is able to measure it, please, let me know.
              audiScars

Comment

Working...
              X