Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6spd (GBR) gearbox in 3b(NL)?

To everybody who knows this

I`m from holland and want to buy an english 6spd gearbox from an aby, i guess it will fit only the pedals are on the other side buth i guess that isn`t gonna be a problem or is it? Is there anybody who knows if this is possible?
    Any comment will help

Cheers,

Cees
    Last edited by Dutch_RsBlueS2; 22 November 2003, 13:34.

Isn`t there anybody who knows ??

Comment

you might be able to find out thru this site

http://elektro.cmhnet.org/~charlie/p...01E/trans.html
      Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

I think that I read somewhere that the six speed front subframe is different in order to take the six speed box, not sure though.

Mark.
        Mark - Modded

Comment

Pedals are the least of your problems, you'll need to change the clutch master cylinder to an ABY item, :eek2: you'll need an ABY front subframe, :eek2: an ABY selector mechanism, :eek2: an ABY dual mass flywheel, :eek2: an ABY clutch, :eek2: an ABY spacer (between engine and transmission) :eek2: an ABY clutch slave cylinder :eek2: (unless there's one on the 6 speed you're buying) . Finally, you'll need a strong, willing mate to help; the 6 speed box is a LOT heavier than your existing 5 speed unit. If you're not sure, don't be tempted to slide under the car with the 6 speeder on your chest if it slips, at the very least, you'll have a broken rib or two, worst case scenario it could kill you! :wacked: Not trying to put you off, just letting you know safety cannot be overstressed. Good luck, there are enough 6 speed boxes around, so there shouldn't be a problem obtaining one. HTH

Siena
          Last edited by Vagsport; 22 November 2003, 17:07.

Comment

Thnx for the support everybody

But when i`m buying it i also buy an ABY engine with it so the complete stuff with engine and box. So the only thing i have to look out for is an subframe from an aby, i guess

Well i wont do it alone, so dont worry

Cheers, Cees

Comment

When I fitted a 6 speed box to my S2 - engined Coupe quattro, I kept my original subframe. I made up a pair of steel mounts to mate up the 6 speed box to 5 speed subframe and it worked a treat, they were much stronger than the original Audi items. Just a thought.

Siena.

Comment

thnx keep that in mind,

well i`m able to make my stuff in a machine-shop which have lots of CNC machines, which i`m able to use. So with a bit of welding i guess i can make my own then

Cheers Cees

Comment

I've heard before to do this you need to bin all the proconten cables that are on the bulkhead?As theres a difference apparentely.Just what ive heard so check elsewhere before you go ahead

Comment

6 speed gearbox in S2 3b

Hello,

I have mounted a s6 CBL 6 speed gearbox mouted on my S6 AAN engine in my audi coupe original S2 3B
                    Don't swap you subframe, no need of it.
                    Can give more info if wanted.

Greets Jaap from Holland

Comment

Jaap, next sunday i`ll be hopefully in rotterdam so maybe we can have a chat over there.

But its an english engine+gearbox but i guess that will fit anyway with the normal adjustments.

greetz,

Cees

Comment

Working...
                      X