6 speed 01E in to a UR quattro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6 speed 01E in to a UR quattro

I have all of the parts to undertake this conversion on my 1986 10v but was wondering if anyone else out there had undertaken the project?

You know what they say about reinventing the wheel......
    *1986 ur quattro,2.5 stroker
    *1995 Nogaro Blue RS2,Md357
    *1991 RR 20v quattro
    *2000 Nogaro Blue RS4,RS6 turbos,tubulars,custom 3" downpipes,Miltek,FMIC,big injectors,RS6 big brakes,RNS-E satnav/TV,592bhp/600lbs

you will have to modify the transmission tunnel . i'm about to do the same .

Comment

Originally posted by volcano rs
      you will have to modify the transmission tunnel . i'm about to do the same .
      yes. I actually have the transmission tunnel 'bit' off of a 6 speed S2 which will need to be welded in together with:

6 speed gearbox (obviously!)
      linkage
      all 4 driveshafts off an S2
      front and rear subframes (only need front but wanted to install a rear anti roll bar)
      all 4 uprights and hubs off of an S2 (to match the driveshafts which are a slightly different length)
      S2 rear diff (different final drive to the UR one and to match the gearbox)
      3B type flywheel (as the input shaft is a different length to the UR one) - I actually got an aluminium one from 034EFI which arrived today together with an uprated clutch to match the flywheel as the UR one will not fit it.
      I also bought a quick shifter as it allows quite a lot of adjustment on the 01E linkage and I am sure there will need to be!
      S2 Gearbox mounts
      I also have to get the prop shortened.

I also have a couple of other bits too and got the whole lot for a really cheap figure. So far I have the old tranny out and the new rear diff and subframe on but found out that the rear hubs that I have (they can be split from the uprights unlike the UR ones which are all pressed as one) are from an Avant and so are the wrong type - so if anyone has any S2 rear hubs and carriers that I can take off of their hands......!

Going to put the flywheel, clutch, front subframe, front uprights, hubs and driveshafts, and gearbox on tomorrow and see where I am with the linkage and what I need to do about cutting the UR transmission tunneln etc

And all this for 1 extra gear!!!

What is your project?
      *1991 RR 20v quattro
      *2000 Nogaro Blue RS4,RS6 turbos,tubulars,custom 3" downpipes,Miltek,FMIC,big injectors,RS6 big brakes,RNS-E satnav/TV,592bhp/600lbs

Comment

look under sport quattro pics . at the moment i'm just waiting to run the engine in then i'll do the 6 speed some time after that you are heading in the right direction with the parts

Comment

Originally posted by volcano rs
          look under sport quattro pics . at the moment i'm just waiting to run the engine in then i'll do the 6 speed some time after that you are heading in the right direction with the parts
          sorry? What sport quattro pics??
          *1991 RR 20v quattro

Comment

Originally posted by DamoM
            sorry? What sport quattro pics??
            THIS thread (look at the title )
            Mark

Race Clio RS197

S2 Coupe ABY (Green) - RIP
            S2 Coupe ABY (Blue) - Sold

Comment

Any ideas about the drive shaft lengts? Is the original urq drive shafts right length when using a 01E box?

I actually need the info the other way around. If someone would put a 016 box in S2 (or any t89q CQ or B4q) does it need different drive shafts?
              -

Comment

Originally posted by rotoryboy
                THIS thread (look at the title )
                Wow, that looks like a fun project!!!!

What is the sopec of your engine? What turbo, ex manifold and downpipe are you running?
                *1991 RR 20v quattro

Comment

Originally posted by porkkis
                  Any ideas about the drive shaft lengts? Is the original urq drive shafts right length when using a 01E box?

I actually need the info the other way around. If someone would put a 016 box in S2 (or any t89q CQ or B4q) does it need different drive shafts?
                  Not sure about the answer to your second question but the urq ones will fit a 01E box but need to be spaced so not ideal and probably not good for wear and stress. I am using the S2 driveshafts and hubs (which are better quality than urq ones anyway)
                  *1991 RR 20v quattro

Comment

Originally posted by DamoM
                    Wow, that looks like a fun project!!!!

What is the sopec of your engine? What turbo, ex manifold and downpipe are you running?
                    k26/27 hybrid ,3 inch exhaust complete with downpipe ,side exit ,tubulor exhaust manifold, pauter rods, standard pistons ,ported head ,custom inlet manifold ,aby ecu ,truck intercooler ,radiator in the boot ,and so on.

Comment

Working...
                    X