Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any body using front and rear Torsen ? ATB or V8 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any body using front and rear Torsen ? ATB or V8 ?

I have a long discusion with somebody that did some racing in old Auid Coupe. He has been racing up hill races while ago.

He was telling me that tha Audi with three diffs is very very hard to drive and he advised me only to use the central and rear diff torsen (aka. V8).

Is any body usning here front Torsen (Quife ATB), central Torsen gearbox and rear Tosen (V8) on the track car ??

I have two V8 diffs ready, but I have to buy the Quife uning. If this story is true it would save me some money for other goodies
    AKmotorsport.net - Manufacturing Motorsport parts that do the job. | Audi S2 on Facebook | Best way of reaching me is sending email to albert@akmotorsport.net

I believe your friend is right, it might be alright for loose gravel rallying but on tarmac the car will want to go straight on.
    Aelred

Comment

The car will be used on trak to race. The surface has good grip.

Ok I will use money on some other stuff ...

Thx
      AKmotorsport.net - Manufacturing Motorsport parts that do the job. | Audi S2 on Facebook | Best way of reaching me is sending email to albert@akmotorsport.net

Comment

I don't agree. the key issue here is setup. Look at the BTCC Audi's. They used a spool in the middle and a spool in the rear. Front was a clutchpack. As Audi's in general are nose heavy, it's important to get them to steer in. In order to do that, the front needs grip - more grip than the rear. The setup on those cars lifts the inner rear and plants both front tyres.

Depending on your setup it will work or it won't. Thing is, it will create more traction on front and rear axle but that won't automatically mean that you are faster. Lift any innerwheel with a Torsen and you are toast. Gravel racing means softer suspension which would be better in terms of traction for the Torsen. Tarmac mean you'll probably have limited traction on one of the inner wheels, given that you have tires and suspension that allows this much grip. In this case, a clutchpack would be better in at least on axle depending on setup. Tricky question.

On my track project, I'm using a front Torsen and a rear spool, possibly a locked center too depending on gearbox.

Comment

Witch front torsen? Does anyone has pictures and dimensions on the RS2 front Diff
          Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

Any body have heard of STaSIS Engineering ?

I want to use their Center Differential modification.

http://www.stasisengineering.com/audi_a4_b5_diff.html

Comment

Originally posted by Albert

They are famous for their audi alcon brake kits. Check audiworld forums, maybe there you will find more references.

Sau
              200 20vt 88' 3b, human carrier
              CQ typ85 with AAN inside, see project blog at http://kwlw.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by Albert

I like the look of that

Comment

Originally posted by kwlw
                  They are famous for their audi alcon brake kits. Check audiworld forums, maybe there you will find more references.

Sau
                  I send them my torsen yesterday. I will let you guys know the outcome.

Comment

What I meant with front Torsen was to hogg out the sidecover of the tranny and front mount the V8 rear diff in a 01E...

Comment

So what - is that possible?
                      800HP 800++Nm

Comment

I've read (on the urgewalt forum iirc) of a German guy mounting a V8 Torsen in the front dif of his typ81, was quite a struggle, but traction gain was impressive (was a fwd car)

Comment

Working...
                        X