Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sourcing RS2 clutch kit

Ciao all

Seems the ADU/ABY clutch kit from sachs #3000951729 it's no longer available
    Any of you guys knows an alternative that's available to buy from other brands (Luk/Valeo etc etc)?

Thanks in advance!

Stefano
    http://www.audisportclub.com/

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/vbgoogl...227295&zoom=16

Southbend from the USA through Marc Swanson (efiexpress) . That's what I have been using without faults

Comment

The kit isn't available, but maybe the individual parts are still available separately?

Comment

From what I have seen the clutch pressure plate and friction disc are same size as 7A (hence the spacer with DM flywheel). You can either go 7A (uprated) and 7A flywheel and ditch the spacer, or just get a 7A uprated clutch kit. People, correct me if I am wrong.
        www.quattro.ca
        B2: 82 Urq into Sport quattro, 82 4000 2-door, 83 80q 2 Door, 83 Ur-q CDN, 85 Ur-q Euro with 3B, 86 4kq, 59,000km
        B3/B4: 91 CQ, 93 90q 2.5TDI, 94 80q avant 2.5tdi, 94 S2 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by ralleyquattro View Post
          From what I have seen the clutch pressure plate and friction disc are same size as 7A (hence the spacer with DM flywheel). You can either go 7A (uprated) and 7A flywheel and ditch the spacer, or just get a 7A uprated clutch kit. People, correct me if I am wrong.
          Martin: As far as I know, the 7A flywheel is quite flat and uses a 034141117BX clutch pressure plate. The ABY and ADU and the ABH (4.2L V8) all use a dog dish flywheel and, as a result, the 077141117L clutch pressure plate is quite different (flatter). I know this from personal experience with Marc S. from EFI Express sending me a 7A pressure plate when my V8 clutch failed.

Dog dish style flywheel (this one has been machined for VEMS):

Photo courtesy of Islingtonaudi (Doug W.)

ABY Flywheel and clutch photo courtesy of IrishS2 (Eric)
          RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
          94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

From my old Sachs catalog......RS2/S2 (ABY) part numbers.
            You do not have permission to view this gallery.
            This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

I did a fair bit of research a couple of years ago when I replaced the clutch in my RS2. Through advice from Marc Swanson I ended up going with a 7A kit from Southbend along with a resurfaced 7A single mass flywheel. The dual mass RS2 flywheel was very hard to find and expensive as it is specific to the RS2 as Dave mentioned. Using the 7A required the removal of the spacer between the engine and the transmission as well as some shorter bolts to attach the transmission to the engine block.

There are some very light aluminum 7A flywheels out there but I went with a resurfaced OEM flywheel as it is still lighter than the RS2 one and maintains the most of the smoothness of the DM. Some people have noticed chattering at low RPM's but I really haven't experienced any negative driving characteristics. The lighter flywheel makes for quicker revs but not night and day differences. I'm happy with the change.

Comment

Originally posted by Canadian RS2 View Post
                The dual mass RS2 flywheel was very hard to find and expensive as it is specific to the RS2 as Dave mentioned.
                Did you have an issue with your RS2 flywheel?

www.quattro.ca
                B2: 82 Urq into Sport quattro, 82 4000 2-door, 83 80q 2 Door, 83 Ur-q CDN, 85 Ur-q Euro with 3B, 86 4kq, 59,000km

Comment

Originally posted by ralleyquattro View Post

Did you have an issue with your RS2 flywheel?
                  A loose input sleave bolt that was wedged behind my pressure plate decided to escape through the wall of my transmission. The clutch and flywheel were coated in tranny fluid. I could not find anyone that would refinish a DM flywheel so I decided to go with the SM at that point.

Untitled by Dave ten Broek, on Flickr

Comment

Ouch!
                    www.quattro.ca

Comment

Thanks guys for your replies!
                      We want to go in as original as possible.
                      I'll keep you upadted on the result, the RS2 it's not mine but finding a solution will be good for me and for every RS2 owner anyway, soon or later...
                      http://www.audisportclub.com/

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/vbgoogl...227295&zoom=16

Comment

Working...
                      X