Driveline Shunt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Driveline Shunt?

I have to be very slow off the clutch on my RS2 in order to avoid feeling of something heavy moving under the car. I realise there's a lot of torque from this engine but I'm sure they didn't do this when new - my Subaru WRX never did this... I assume this is "shunt" in the drive train... at 88,000 I'm guessing engine/gearbox/diff mounts are getting tired.

PowerFlex don't list an application for these mounts for the Audi 80/RS2 on their web site so does anyone do uprated mounts? Then again is it advisable to fit upgrades or will it transmit too much NVH to the cabin...
    Cheers,
    Chasman
    1994 RS2 in RS Blue Pearlescent

Probably the diff rear mount. Powerflex has a suitable part but it's listed under Audi Quattro. There is a thread somewhere where Doug (?) had purchased one and did a "howto".

I have one also.
    -

Comment

think it was Mark and there is def a thread somewhere i remember reading it...
      Ant

2007 Mk5 Golf GTi, 3 door, DSG, REVO Stg 2 and other goodies
      2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

This was for a Coupe guys. Chasman has a B4Q Avant chasis so am not sure the same parts can be used on the Avant. It needs investigating.

There will soon be a powerflex snub mount to fit all variants. It is currently being tested before production approval. The snub mount may reduce your problems with a suitably adjusted crossmenber bracket. Can you check the condition of all other mounts in situ?

Lee
        1995 S2 Avant with some upgrades

Designun Limited....
        Aerospace, Space and Motorsport Design Consultancy and hardware supply.

Comment

I don't have a lift or ramps. I guess I can jump on and off the gas and see how much the gear lever moves - that would tell me gearbox condition. I supposed static revving with the bonnet up might move the engine but in all cases I have no benchmark...
          Cheers,
          Chasman

Comment

chasman,

if your at the next meet im arranging we can get it up on a ramp and have a proper look at it.

check the meets section.

Greg
            Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Cheers Greg I'll take a look.
              Cheers,
              Chasman

Comment

Working...