Clutch pedal going to the floor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clutch pedal going to the floor

Ok I remember somewhere on the forum it a tag about clutch pedal going to the floor. I recently changed the clutch master cylinder because it was leaking I fitted a pushrod brace bought from a member ,now occasionally when I change gear the pedal goes straight to the floor . After clicking the clutch pedal back up it is fine , on top of that I am still loosing brake fluid ( not a brake pipe leak already checked ) I suspect the culprit is the clutch slave cylinder any thoughts guys?

I had the same before and it was the hard line from the slave cylinder near the gearbox. Something had rubbed on it causing a tiny leak. Not enough to stop the pedal from working but causing intermittent soft pedal going to the floor. Inspect this pipe to verify it is not leaking...

HTH

Cheers,

Steve
    The Perfectionist
    sigpic
    Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Well that is my next port of call I have a brand new slave cylinder to fit so will probably renew the pipework as well as I am a retired mechanic I will try and photograph and document how i get on cheers .Derek

Comment

Working...
      X