No announcement yet.

Weird knocking noise front left side

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I try to seek this matter further with wireless knock sensors, that I can borrow from my work. With the sensors I will test if ride height will make any difference through different angle in drive shafts... We will see.

S2 Avant SleeperWagon 570hv and 765nm on 2,2bar/E85

Comment

Guys sorry for the delay. The knock was from the top mount. I replaced them with street density from 034 ones and now it's fine since.

I will be using these street density mounts from now on as they are the best alternative to oem for Greek roads.

I do have a pair of AK motorsport ones with an extra pair of bearings which will soon go up for sale.

Comment

Had a feeling that might be my problem too but as they are only around 18 months old haven't checked them yet, suppose I better. Cheers for the thread

Comment

Mine were oem younger than 18month

Comment

A80A,

Didn't you say you were running Mount-Savers, what happened?

Comment

Crazy that the OEM mounts don't last long really

Comment

034 street density lasted 2000 km for me on my coupe. good luck, hope yours last longer !
                Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird Turbo....undergoing major changes.....
                S2 Coupe... bit easier off the line...
                '03 ZX12-R daily hack.... lots of nice bolt ons...

Comment

Originally posted by Lago Blue
                  A80A,

Didn't you say you were running Mount-Savers, what happened?
                  Mount savers did nothing to the squeezing of the oem mount due to weight. In addition the metal bit of the mount saver started knocking on the chassis once the mount got squeezed

As for the pro mounts which I used previously along with the mount savers, they got rusted and stuck due to the English weather.

034 street density did last longer than 2000km in the past but I have not got to terms that these will need replacing fairly often and there is no way around the issue. Either that or something like aluminium with knocks and more vibration in the cabin.

Even the ak motorsport ones I was told that they 'should last something like 5k km. When the roads you are travelling on are crap something is going to give

Comment

I reckon I have 50,000 miles on my top mounts... Are they different on a CQ20V?

Comment

This is how my pro mounts look now. The actual bearing seems ok, but the ring is rusted and the bearing itself has dislocated from the mount
                      Attached Files

Comment

What sort knock yours was? Did it knock on flat surface when those mounts where gone? My car knocks when I reverse it from garage. Feels like loose wheels or Someone hitting the driveline with a small hammer. Feels better in higher speeds but I reckon the knock still remains.

Worst thing is that my Ecu (knock sensors) sees knocks at low boost and pulls timing...

Comment

It was more noticeable on small speeds and almost flat surface.

Comment

Ok, might have to dismantle the front end for this. There might be similarities in these. Thanks for the info.

Comment

This is how the oem top mount looked with the mount saver. Once the top mounts sit a little, there is play in them on uneven ground and I believe the mount saver could be causing the noise hitting the chassis

Comment

Originally posted by Vauhtiveikko View Post
                                Ok, might have to dismantle the front end for this. There might be similarities in these. Thanks for the info.

This is often anti roll bar drop links.

Comment

Working...
                                X