Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contaminated clutch?

Hi all.

My daily driver is a B7 3.0 TDI quattro.

I started noticing an oil patch on the ground a few weeks ago, then after a quick look it appeared to be towards the rear of the engine and I put a further investigation on my to do list.

Couple of days later I noticed to clutch started to slip and instantly put 2 and 2 together that it is the rear crankshaft oil seal.

After a better look it does appear to be leaking out around the bell housing so I have ordered a new seal and flywheel bolts etc.

Now.... The clutch was brand new in January. What are the chances that the clutch is toast?

I was hoping it can just be cleaned up and refitted.....

I'm living in Cyprus at the moment and a clutch kit locally is a fortune so I would need to order from the UK (which will also mean a delivery lead time)

At the same time I'd rather not replace a 1000 mile old clutch if it's not needed.

What are your opinions please?

Regards

Jase.

Disc will be scrap. Pressure plate should be ok
    Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
    Indigo ABY coupé
    Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Can you get a local clutch supplier to reface your disk? That will be the cheapest option.
      91 Modded 3B
      14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

If you want to be 100% sure then reface the disk as suggested. I have run mine through the ultrasonic cleaner and so far, 100 miles in, it's going good with 400 BHP.

Ideally I would have had it replaced but it was NLA. The second option was to reface, but with a daily rate on the ramp and the owner of the garage who do clutches and gearboxes as a living, he said it looked fine, so that's where I am so far...……
        Steve

1990 RR 20V
        1982 SWB UR - RS2 Engine

Comment

Thanks for the replies!

I will speak to the garage who are going to change the seal and see if a reface is an option. The language barrier here is an issue at times.

I appreciate your opinions!

Jase.

Comment

Working...
          X