RS2 - Clutch Not Fully Disengaging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RS2 - Clutch Not Fully Disengaging

I have a weird problem with my RS2. I was out driving when I suddenly was unable to shift from second to third gear. It felt like it was something weird with the clutch.

I got the car home, and replaced both the master and slave cylinders, but the problem is still there.

The problem is that the clutch feels like it's not fully disengaged when I press the clutch pedal. The pedal also feels too light. When I try to put the car in first gear with the engine running, the car wants to move forward when the gears start to mesh. even though the clutch pedal is fully depressed. The pedal also returns as it should.

I hear no weird mechanical sounds in the gearbox or clutch housing, and the throwout bearing is just a few years old.

Has anyone else experienced this? I believe I have bled the clutch system thoroughly, but maybe I need to bleed it more?

Have you tried reverse bleeding? As the bleed point is low down in the circuit, it's seems to be the best method.
    Nothelle S2 Avant
    Black Ur project
    Ocianic Ur project gone
    S2 Coupe project gone
    Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

https://www.s2forum.com/forum/welcom...0-owner/page46

Half way down this page in my 're build thread.
      Nothelle S2 Avant
      Black Ur project
      Ocianic Ur project gone
      S2 Coupe project gone
      Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Just another possibility, this happened on my wife's Passat and it was the dual mass flywheel. Hopefully it's not that!
        Nothelle S2 Avant
        Black Ur project
        Ocianic Ur project gone
        S2 Coupe project gone
        Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Probably not this but stick your finger into the gap in the gearbox bell housing(engine not running)and see if you get an oily paste on the end of your digit
          if you do that could be the cause as in flywheel oil seal is gone and contaminated the clutch.
          Probably not that but worth a look.
          Rob

Ragussa green avant RS2+ spec
          Racing blue Octavia VRS mk2 estate-Remapped now to 250 bhp
          Audi coupe gt-slow as hell but loads of character-sold

Comment

Check the rod from the clutch pedal. It is a weak point... See if it is straight...
            Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird Turbo....undergoing major changes.....
            S2 Coupe... bit easier off the line...
            '03 ZX12-R daily hack.... lots of nice bolt ons...

Comment

Working...
            X