Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clutch problems after track day

Hello folks,

Finally had the 3b on the track on Sunday.
    While on the way home could not select any gear when depressing clutch and car was stalling.
    Ended up picking S2 up the next day with a trailer to get it home.
    Once home I bled the clutch and was able to change gear again?
    Changed slave cylinder a while back and bled with pressure bleeder.
    Just thought it was a bit odd that it quit working after whole day of using the clutch?
    Not sure if just been air in system or signs of something else failing.
    Anyone had a similar issue?

I expect just overheated the fluid - try some SRF
    Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
    Indigo ABY coupé
    Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Is the clutch pedal hard at all? If the clutch has been in the car a while the pressure plate may be too far worn and when hot will not select any gears. It could also be as above with overheated fluid.
      1996 S2 ABY Silver

Comment

Never thought of overheated fluid.
        Clutch is a Southbend Stage 3 with just over a 1000 miles use.
        Going to get new discs/pads and fit braided hoses so will change the fluid and see how it goes.

Comment

Probably the master if you haven't ever changed it.

I'm about to do mine, again, sigh. Aftermarket parts are such rubbish at times.

Comment

When the clutch was replaced, did you also have the release bearing fork replaced?
            This is an essential part which needs to be replaced upon clutch replacement as the release bearing
            has a stroke not more than 20mm and if it is bent, the mechanism will fail.

Comment

Originally posted by sskang View Post
              When the clutch was replaced, did you also have the release bearing fork replaced?
              This is an essential part which needs to be replaced upon clutch replacement as the release bearing
              has a stroke not more than 20mm and if it is bent, the mechanism will fail.
              What is the part number? I would have thought it would be boiled fluid if it was back again after being left to cool too.
              sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Working...
              X