Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 01E gerabox linkage and procon-ten

Hi all.
    Most of us use B5/C5 linkage during 01E swap. But there seems to be an issue with non-ABY/ADU 01E linkage and stock procon-ten.
    Anyone been there? Orded B7 linkage hoping that it will clear procon-ten but it may hit the gearbox tunnel.
    Want to leave procon-ten in place, hate cutting off any OEM stuff.

Hi,

I had to google what the procon ten system was so obviously my car did not come with it....

I also have a B5 shifter for my car with 01E. the linkage has to be shortened anyway so could you not reshape it to clear at the same time?

I had read that the B6 passat 6 speed shifter is a straight fit tho, anyone confirm?

Jase.

Comment

B6 passat has a transverse engine, highly doubt it will fit. B5 passat does.

Comment

Maybe i mean B5 Passat

Sorry

Jase.

Comment

None of these linkages are a direct fit. All need to be shortened, and the stabiliser rod needs to be quite significantly reshaped to clear the Procon-10 gearbox. The B7 linkage stabiliser will hit the tunnel, also it is designed for a wider gearbox, so the cross-rod needs to be shortened also.
          02X linkage motion is also backwards to 01E so cant be used.
          I have jigs to modify all these linkages but since you guys all started buying them it’s not economical for me to supply them ready-to-fit anymore
          Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
          Indigo ABY coupé
          Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Rods modification was expected of course, but even the linkage ball hits left procon-ten bracket and no gears can be selected.

02X makes all the gears reversed. You will have to search BMW dog-leg getrag knob )

Comment

Or you could ask Alex to supply something that fit's and works. Seems the sensible thing to do. Only my two cents worth
              Hope you get this sorted fella.

Comment

Drowe my car home today from the shop. 01E CBL in place, procon-10 untouched. Modified linkage from B7 02X gearbox, all gears reversed. Will not recommend this setup, not sure I will leave it forever.
                Will investigate opportunities of adaptation typ85, typ44 and 4A/C4 linkages. Finding ABY/ADU linkage in my place is close to impossible.

Comment

Originally posted by Error404 View Post
                  I have jigs to modify all these linkages but since you guys all started buying them it’s not economical for me to supply them ready-to-fit anymore
                  Don't think so. Very few people will want to f*** with dismantling a 76-kg gearbox million times to measure and try the rods during modification. Anyone normal would want a direct fit setup.

Comment

I’m not sure what you mean.

The 02x linkage can be modified to work with a B2/URq and C4 because the lever motion are the same.
                    If you want to make a suitable linkage for an 01E in B3/B4 you need to start with a B5/B6/B7/Passat/Exeo linkage from an 01E or 0A3 car
                    Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                    Indigo ABY coupé
                    Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Comment

Installed normal С5 linkage with lower ball. Had to grind left procon-ten bracket to provide space for the linkage ball when engaging 5-6-th gears.
                        The longest and shortest rods were bolt-on. Had to enlarge hole for mounting to shifter to provide wider rotate ability to tune shifts.

Looks like there is a chance that procon-ten is compatible with C5/B5 linkage.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                        X