Clutch slave cylinder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clutch slave cylinder

The clutch pedal on my B2 90 is sticking. I can only assume this is the slave cylinder on the way out?
    The pedal has always been fairly heavy due to running a Southbend clutch. So the question is, if I am changing the slave cylinder and going through all that pain, is there an upgrade I can do to either this part, and/or the brake master cylinder to make the clutch easier to live with?
    Any B.T.D.T. experiences?

Many thanks
    Audi 90 quattro (Typ 85)
    20v turbo conversion

sigpic

I'm just replacing my slave cylinder and making up a -4AN hose as I don't have an ABY clutch hose and don't want to pay £100 for one from Tradition. I've used a -3AN hose previously and it made the clutch heavier than the OE pipe. Hopefully the larger hose will make a difference and bring it back to normal. However, it's never going to be light with a Sachs SRE pressure plate.
    91 Modded 3B
    14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

I was hoping someone might have found a possible solution. Are B3 or S2 items not a bit more robust the the B2 one? And would the parts be interchangeable.
      I have had a slave changed on my previous 90q and how difficult was that having to crawl into the pedal compartment and all the work carried out flat on back.
      The master might not be too bad as I have had a chunk of the scuttle chopped out - can't remember why? lol
      I'm sure there will be something that fits from another car, just trying to find it
      Audi 90 quattro (Typ 85)
      20v turbo conversion

sigpic

Comment

Perhaps Alex might know a solution?
        Audi 90 quattro (Typ 85)
        20v turbo conversion

sigpic

Comment

Master is under pedal box, slave in gearbox side. A big issue with after market clutches and conversions to SMF is the slave rod length. Change the position of the clutch slightly and rod length can be wrong and have a dramatic effect on clutch bite point and its life.
          Nothelle S2 Avant
          Black Ur project
          Ocianic Ur project gone
          S2 Coupe project gone
          Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Maybe one of these?
            https://www.nskeurope.com/content/da...-A-0002_EN.pdf

Or these?
            http://mega-line.de/index.php/en/pro...0&inswlst=1452
            Last edited by Tractor Dave; 27 July 2020, 23:14.
            Nothelle S2 Avant
            Black Ur project
            Ocianic Ur project gone
            S2 Coupe project gone
            Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Working...
            X