OEM Shift Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OEM Shift Kit

I've got a 6 speed ABY S2 fitted with an O34 short shift kit that I'd rather swap out for an original.

Were there 6 speeds fitted on regular Audi 80s? Will an assembly from a non 6 speed car work? Better yet, does anyone have an OEM S2 6 speed kicking about?

I have a OE 6 speed shifter. Don't have the gear knob though. I have a short shift kit but undecided what to use.b#you should be OK with an ABY shifter.
    91 Modded 3B
    14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

Originally posted by SteveH View Post
      I have a OE 6 speed shifter. Don't have the gear knob though. I have a short shift kit but undecided what to use.b#you should be OK with an ABY shifter.
      I've got an original gear knob so that's not an issue for me. Would you be willing to sell it?

When you say ABY shifter, is that an interchangeable term or do you mean I can only use an ABY S2 shifter?

Comment

The ABY has a 6-speed 01E gearbox, so if you wish to retain the reverse lockout just use the standard gearstick. I have a few spare, but need to check which stick is for the 5-speed and 6-speed (the lockout is on different sides)
        91 Modded 3B
        14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

Originally posted by SteveH View Post
          The ABY has a 6-speed 01E gearbox, so if you wish to retain the reverse lockout just use the standard gearstick. I have a few spare, but need to check which stick is for the 5-speed and 6-speed (the lockout is on different sides)
          Alright, thanks for the info, appreciate it

If you do have a spare I could purchase, just let me know

Comment

Last year I bought new OEM five speed shifter and swaped reverse lock plate. Works great

Comment

Working...
            X