Help with identifying clutch and SM flywheel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with identifying clutch and SM flywheel

Hi. Long time listener, first time caller.

I might have been drunk. Thera may have been a bet. So now I have 358 days to build a 2.5l stroker, mount the front subframe with everything and mount the gearbox. Get the engine running on an MaxxEcu and take the car 600 meters to buy ice cream. This after having the car sitting in my garage for 15 years so I can imagen there will be other issues as well.

As I´m out of the loop I need help.

The deck is off to the machine shop and now I´m trying to get the pieces together for the balancing.

Flywheel - Is this SM flywheel from the 3B. Will be refurbished if so.

Clutch - Is this the 707 or the 724?
    I´t is new but has been laying around. Can I vapor blast the clutch or is it toast?
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 3 photos.
    Owner of S2 Irry-edition

Now that's a challenge!
    I would glass bead blast the clutch to keep it dry. I think it will be fine.
    Nothelle S2 Avant
    Black Ur project
    Ocianic Ur project gone
    S2 Coupe project gone
    Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Good luck finding all the parts to get it back together. Get the flywheel skimmed and the clutch will be fine.
      91 Modded 3B
      14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

So is this the 3B SM flywheel and Sachs 707 clutch?

Im pretty good of. AEL block preped for 20v head. Head is refurbed years ago so of to the builder for dismantlig cleaning and drilling new holes to fit bigger bolts.

I have gearbox ready and almost all parts from the knob on out laying around. Front and rear subframes are blasted and powdercoated saince ages ago along with arms hubs and bearings along with H&R coilovers. I think front subframe and gearbox is not the issue but rather the engine. But as I´m leaving it to a motor company I think it may work out.

Owner of S2 Irry-edition

Comment

Working...
        X