Which transmission to choose!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which transmission to choose!?!

I have a '94 URS4 AAN with a 5 speed CET 01E with the skinny first gear. I have the motor pushing 470 hp and first gear sounds like a bag of ball bearings when I drive it. I would like to build the motor for twice the horsepower and I will for sure need to do something about the tranny. I have a line on two different 01E boxes. A 6 speed FTM from a 2002 A4 TDI 2.5 and a 6 speed DSY from a B5 S4. The FTM is significantly cheaper than the other. I think both are the right final drive ratio for me and both have wide first gears and flexible shafts. Any advice on which I should buy? Thanks!!!

Have a look at the gear ratios for each box and see if one suits the kind of driving you want to do with the car better than the other. That's my advice.
    I'm putting a DSY behind my AAN, so would be pretty interested to follow what you are doing for a clutch if you have any ideas?

https://www.s2forum.com/forum/techni...ap?view=thread

Comment

Ended up getting a 6 speed FTF from a Passat TDI. I have been searching for clutches but have not decided on one yet. I was toying around with the idea of building a stroker motor and pushing it to 700 or 800 hp. I just bought a 92.8mm crank today so it looks like that is the direction I am going. I know this will limit my clutch choices a bit.

Comment

Working...
      X