Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear diff input shaft seal change

Hi folks.
    I've dropped my rear diff to replace the seals and wondered if anybody has any tips on the m24 (36mm head) hex nut that holds the input flange on, as pictured.

Are these ok to be reused and had anyone done so before without issues? Or do I need to go about finding another piece of unobtainium?

Whilst I'm here, is the seal 75mm OD, 43mm ID, 10mm thickness? I've found the Febi 100277 that matches the etka part number but never hurts to get clarification. This is on a 91 Cq20v btw.
    Also, do I need to replace the o-ring whilst I'm in there? Item 25 on the etka drawing... https://audi.7zap.com/en/rdw/audi+co.../5/525-525030/ ​​​
    Cheers Jp

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

I'm was just trying to get the OS output shaft off too and urgggh, started to strip the 6mm Allen head. It's not left hand thread is it?!
    No idea how I'm going to deal with this! If I drill off the head, I'm not sure I'll be able to get enough on the stud to extract it forcefully

Comment

Can you weld onto it. I did mine and dont recall it being a LH thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Monkeymagic View Post
        Can you weld onto it. I did mine and dont recall it being a LH thread.
        Aye, that's a good shout.

Comment

Originally posted by jp_paul View Post

Aye, that's a good shout.
          Sorted. T45 to the rescue

Comment

Originally posted by jp_paul View Post

Sorted. T45 to the rescue
            Irwin 10504634 Bolt-Grip Fastener Remover Base Set for Damaged/Rounded Nuts 24721012579 | eBay

I did what you did and bought a set of these ^^ Gripped the head of the bolt and removed no problem......never used them since!

Stretch bolts apparently but available

Comment

Working...
            X