Race clutch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Race clutch?

Is anyone running a AP 7.25" or similar race clutch?I just want to know how user friendly it is?

At what sort of power are peeps thinking about uprating clutches from the standard 350hp + ?
    S2 + RS2 yep ive had a few love em... Laser red S2 avant... Brilliant black lhd RS2... Polar silver RS2... RS blau RS2... CheeRS Al

Comment

I have uprated mine fromt he standard this time. I don't know what power I am going to get too but over the 300 mark. My standard clutch was slipping under duress of wot from take off.
      Dark Grey Avant
      RS2 FARB
      Powerflex Front wishbone bushes
      Alloy Subframe Bushes

Comment

Anyone recomending a good uprated clutch for 350-400 hp?
        S2 + RS2 yep ive had a few love em... Laser red S2 avant... Brilliant black lhd RS2... Polar silver RS2... RS blau RS2... CheeRS Al

Comment

i have sachs racing and kevlar disch. 500hp around 620nm without problem.
          i using the car for street and drag.
          --------------------------------------------------------
          Real carbon parts for S2 and RS2. Check Carbondesign on facebook

Comment

What i'm asking is any one using a 7.25" racing clutch like these

I know they will be heavy and will snatch on take up because they have solid centre/friction plates but i want to know how user freindly they are,i see Jeffer is thinking of running a Tilton clutch at a later date on his Sport Quattro conversion i was wondering what sort of use he has in mind for the car daily driver or track use only?

Comment

I've been running with a tripple plate Tilton clutch for a couple of years, and it's not a street friendly clutch. I've now switched to a SPEC 3+ and it's almost as stock

Comment

Cheers. What hp is your engine producing ? Did you have a flywheel made for the Tilton clutch? And finally in what way was not a street friendly clutch to heavy or to fierce or both?

Comment

Originally posted by shortsport View Post
                  Cheers. What hp is your engine producing ? Did you have a flywheel made for the Tilton clutch? And finally in what way was not a street friendly clutch to heavy or to fierce or both?
                  It's a 2.5 producing 500+ @wheels
                  I modified a stock flywheel. It was a tight fit to get the clutch to fit as ther isn't much room inside bellhousing, and I had to do it twice to get it right
                  Not street friendly because it was a on/off clutch. After some practice it was driveable but......

Cheers,
                  Roger

Comment

Originally posted by shortsport View Post
                    What i'm asking is any one using a 7.25" racing clutch like these
                    I have such:

It is on/off, I would be PITA to drive with such clutch on streets. It is hard to drive the car on trailer too

you will need release bearing too with 44mm diameter.
                    Xtra Racing

Comment

spec stage 3+ was my choice and im waiting to install it!

Comment

That looks like twin plate clutch is it?Also what part no.s of clutch and release bearing.I,m just interested because i'm still not sure what the main use of my car is going to be so i,m looking at all options.

Comment

Working...
                        X