Connecting switch to difflock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Connecting switch to difflock

Is it possible to use a switch to the blue/white cable (the one you cut off) with an on/off switch so when you put it to off, the wire is disconnected, and if you for instance is going 70 kph switching the switch to on, the diff should disengage, like the cable was plugged back in ( since I'm going over 25 kph)

The reason that I'm asking this is because when I launch the car with the diff-lock disengage, the car just skids and the tyres jump up and down, when I use the diff lock and launch, the launch is quicker, softer, and a lot better for my rear axles. I've never broken the diff with the diff-lock engaged. But 2 of them when I launched with the diff disengaged, I have a big turbo so I have to launch it at 6000 rpm. And when I put it into second gear , the rear tyres loose grip again, so I need the diff to be engaged up to 100 kph or something in the vicinity of that speed.

Anyone who knows anything about this?
    2004 9-5 aero
    2009 Subaru Legacy Diesel
    1994 Toyota Supra Eurospec 6-spd LHD
    3-4 Audis in parts

I'm not sure what sort of signal is sent to the switch, but maybe it's possible to put a resistor in the speed signal, so that whatever triggers the switch happens at a higher speed. If that's any help?
    SS

Comment

I put a switch on the white / blue cable, now I can go 100kph and switch it to ON and then the diff releases just like it does with normal setting. Perfect PM me if you need to know how I did it.
      2004 9-5 aero
      2009 Subaru Legacy Diesel
      1994 Toyota Supra Eurospec 6-spd LHD
      3-4 Audis in parts

Comment

Working...
      X