Help required...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help required...

Ok, I have read the other threads but none of them seem to help me understand what it takes to change the two items below. What I'm after is some pics/description of what I have to do to get the prop off and how to get to the point where I can change the bush.

Help please?

I've only got two axel stands and a drive. I will also be on my tod so can it be done with with simple stuff and a simple bloke?

Have you read this thread?

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7823

Looking at one i've got here it shouldnt be that hard to do. Most of the work will be getting the prop out of the car, as far as i know you have to drop the exhaust and heat shield first to get at it.

Mark.
    Last edited by mcandmar; 29 June 2007, 18:52.
    91CQ20v - Gone to a new home
    93UR-S4 - The Magic Carpet
    94S2Bus - The Emerald Express

Comment

It's easiest to take the exhaust centre section off and heatshield out the way so you can get to the prop. The bolts on the flanges can be a PITA to get undone without much elbow room under the car.
      I think David (s2driveruk) has a detailed thread on a propshaft overhaul.

Rear diff mount is fairly easy. IIRC I dropped the rear of the subframe slightly to gain access to all four rear mounting bolts.
      The rubber bush then just fell out in my case. You then remove the remaining outer rim of the bush, a hacksaw and lever will do it, but be careful not to damage the alloy mount. The new bush will then just push in by hand.
      SS

Comment

Working...
      X