Quess what i have killed.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quess what i have killed.......

No its not the gearbox, its the damn clutch. This time it was my own fault. I tried to do a nice sideways drift out of a junction to show Greg and Mihnea what tyre smoke smelt like!! It didnt work, i just left a trail of clutch smoke

Typical, so now i have to take the gearbox out and get yet another uprated clutch. This time I will get them to beef it up to the max. Mine was a prototype and seemed fine until this weekend.

That was about the 10th time I have dumped the clutch and it has just given up. Oh well. **** happens hey!

Tom
    sigpic
    Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
    Audi UR Quattro
    Audi 100 C3 2.0 5 cyl 115ps
    Audi S2 - 07k engine project aiming for 800ps
    Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Tom: Don't you just want to get a proper Sasch unit ? Even if it's a *bit* more expensive
    Vadim.

New engine (mechanical PKM head) , Alcon 332mm brakes , Pauter rods , Mahle pistons, GT30R , kw v2 sucpension , new exhaust. 608HP. For SALE !

Comment

Tom,

The clutch designers should use you as their test animal. If it works for you, it will work for anyone Get them to add 4 pre-bent straps, made out of the strongest spring steel they do. If that still isn't man enough, you're going to have to go for organic sintered linings - big bucks!

If you want a hand with your gearbox removal give me a shout.
      91 Modded 3B
      14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

Quess what i have killed.......

Tom

I thought that you were going to say a Badger!

there are 3 links on the forum which were next to each other about dead clutches, is it contagious?

David

Comment

Well, it seems weird but the clutch has sorted itself out Well im not gonna slip it anymore!!! Next time the engine or gearbox is out I will have the pressure plate uprated more and have an uprated lining put on.

That should work a treat.
          sigpic
          Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
          Audi UR Quattro
          Audi 100 C3 2.0 5 cyl 115ps
          Audi S2 - 07k engine project aiming for 800ps
          Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

a clutch that fixes it self... cool.. where do i get one
            ABY Coupe
            sigpic

Comment

I've smoked my clutch at least three times, but clearly not too badly - glad to have a spare one at home though!

After the first time, I vowed never to repeat the process of side-stepping the left pedal with lots of RPM, the smell and smoke were a bit disturbing (Mr Osborn was with me at the time - if you're looking in Ossie, you remember that test run up and down the Hingham/Ellingham straight?!!)

Funny thing is, I still managed to do it again, and once again, but I keep saying I won't do it again! All I can say is, let the thing start rolling before mashing the loud pedal, it'll be cheaper in the long run!!!

Jeez, think about it. You start by beefing up the clutch, then the driveshafts ain't up to the job, so you beef them up too. Then the gearbox doesn't like it, so you look for a fresh one. Then the engine can be tuned for a bit more bhp ...and the whole process starts again!!!

Isn't it all such great fun?!!

__MDC__
              Martin Cutting

aka Keeper of "The Teutonic Kitten"

It's not better than sex, but it runs it a close second.

Comment

Working...
              X