Changing slave cylinder........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing slave cylinder........

Have been trying to do the slave cylinder on my car at long last but for love nor money can i get this bracket out of the way to actually be able to get at it.

Anyone any useful info how to get this off cos its driving me mad!!

Attached Files
    Ant

2007 Mk5 Golf GTi, 3 door, DSG, REVO Stg 2 and other goodies
    2011 Kawasaki Z1000

It doesnt have enough movement to just pull over that stud, so something else needs to be removed.

And i cant seem to get anything on that but behind it which is also part of the gear change stuff.

A mate has offered to do it for a fee but i'd prefer try do this myself, especially as i dont even know if its this thats the problem
    Ant

2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

Ant, I had the slave cylinder off my car last week. It wasn't a fun job, but it looked nothing like as awkward as yours. Is that the linkage for the gearbox that is in the way?
      91 Modded 3B
      14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

That stud is missing the nut that i took off, thats what fixes the pivot. that black nut behind it is what moves when u move from 1/2 across to 5/6

The bottom part of that bracket is like a hinged ball joint that moves accordingly, you can just see a nut down there, i thought that would be threaded so i could disconnect it but its just a nut that appears to do nothing.

The cylinder is directly under that bracket tho. There is def no way to get at the bolt that holds it on with that there and also that black nut isnt really something im able to get at to undo, altho even if i could im not sure that would give the required movement.

That bracket will move off as far as getting what you can see flush with the end of the stud so needs to move some way further before it comes off
        Ant

2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

Ant,

undo the cap nut and remove that piece of black linkage just behind the bracket in your pic and move the whole lot (they are connected) to one side. Dont worry about putting it back on right as it can only go on one way.

Mark.
          Mark - Modded

Comment

was trying to do that but cos it moves with the spanner to an extent i couldnt cos once it stopped moving i couldnt actually get on the nut LOL...

gonna try find a smaller ratchet i think, my 13mm spanner doesnt fit too well either...

might go back in a min now i've eaten a bit lol
            Ant

2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

Er, looks nothing like a 3B, so I cant help. Tough ****. LOL
              sigpic
              Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
              Audi UR Quattro
              Audi 100 C3 2.0 5 cyl 115ps
              Audi S2 - 07k engine project aiming for 800ps
              Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

:nana: :nana: :nana:
                Ant

2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

The offending article.............

Heavy rain stopped play so havent got the new one fitted yet, but that looks shagged so hope this fixes things!!!
                  Attached Files
                  Ant

2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

Grrrrrrrrrrr Bloody patent parts....

The metal above the bleed nipple sticks up a lot more so i've gotta file / grind it down as it hits on something, only a couple of mm out so not too bad

Otherwise the patent part fits about right. And at around £50+vat cheaper it will do nicely LOL
                    Ant

2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

Working...
                    X