Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear Diff oil

Rear Diff Oil

Just doing a fluid change and looking for oils not sure what centre diff oil to use can any on e recommend some and the right weight
    Has anyone tried Lucas syn 75-90 oil for the rear diff can anyone recommend it?
    s2 new project

On going !!!

PM Oilman on the forum. He is an expert

Little tip for you from my previous exeriance - undo the oil filler plug before you drain the oil - that way you don't end up with an empty diff and a seized filling plug
    Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
    Indigo ABY coupé
    Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

yup echo that, i'd start spraying it in penetrating oil now so that when you actually come to want to undo the filler/drain plugs you might have half a chance

I used a Comma diff oil 75-90 and its been absolutely fine. You might want to buy enough to enable you to drain, fill, drain and then refil with fresh, hold your breath though cos the sulphur in the oil makes it smell like rotten eggs!!!

Top tip for filling.....take the drivers side rear wheel off, then you can easily get the bottle with the long, flexi-neck into the fill hole easily.
      Cheers
      David
      sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

I use a fully Synthetic 75/90 in the gearbox and rear diff for the rally car. Seams OK under rally stress so should be OK for road use.
        sigpic
        Pembo
        quattro - Original 4WD rallying
        Rally Car photos

Comment

Working...
        X