Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear limited slip differential

Do you know where I can find rear LSD for an Audi RS2
    RS2 chip by mihnea,PKM short IM, forge dump valve, 3" custom stainless exhaust, 18"X8" Porsche 996 rims, conti contact 245/35 Front 225/40 Rear, QR sport top mount, Powerflex bushes, aloy sub frame bushes, neuspeed 19mm RARB,Hard tranny mount, V8 torsen on RS2

Re: Rear limited slip differential

Originally posted by maRS2
    Do you know where I can find rear LSD for an Audi RS2
    Why, when you have a Torsen centre diff
    S2 Avant......fully loaded :rock: :bow: Slipper Wagons Rule !!!!!

Comment

You don't know much about cars do you, you Second Hand Guru :nana:
      Centre diff doesn't help when your rears are slippin...

maRS2, try http://www.quaife.co.uk/ and ask if they have a suitable ATB diff for your car's rear axle. I know one t89 style coupe quattro that has those fitted both front and rear, the same parts could fit to RS2 too. Another possibility is to fit an LSD from an early Audi V8 or torsen rear diff from a later V8 (A8?) model.

Comment

because the center dif is only for the spread in betwin front and rear but have nothing to do for spread of torque betwin right and left.
        If you put a rear center dif when accelerating after mid point on mountain twisty roads will send more torque to the back cause it's more gripy and will help you turning instead of having the to insight curve wheels spining.
        I drive a lot in the mountain with my RS2 and know that it's chiped by Minhea I can not wake out of curves because the inside wheels are spening and make take a lot of room on the road instead of helping me turning specialy when wet or snowing.
        All good rally car's have front midle and back LSD look at Evo or STI even the WRX as midle and back LSD.
        RS2 chip by mihnea,PKM short IM, forge dump valve, 3" custom stainless exhaust, 18"X8" Porsche 996 rims, conti contact 245/35 Front 225/40 Rear, QR sport top mount, Powerflex bushes, aloy sub frame bushes, neuspeed 19mm RARB,Hard tranny mount, V8 torsen on RS2

Comment

Jarip thanks for the Quaif adresse but I alredy look theire and it seems they only got it for front.
          Do you think that the lsd fromold V8 or A8 can fit straight or does it need lot of modification's?

Comment

You should ask quaife about their diff anyway, they could have a suitable one even it isn't listed. Or they can make for you.
            I had a new look at AKTE and I think I was wrong about the LSD and seems that there newer was one for V8, it had always a torsen unit. I got this LSD info from a used Audi parts dealer, I quess he was wrong.

But that V8 torsen unit could be a straight fit to RS2's rear diff housing. According to AKTE they use the same bearings and other main parts. Can't say for sure, haven't tried it myself yet, but it is in my list of upgrades to do...

Comment

what is AKTE

Comment

Originally posted by JariP
                You don't know much about cars do you, you Second Hand Guru :nana:
                Centre diff doesn't help when your rears are slippin...
                S2 Avant......fully loaded :rock: :bow: Slipper Wagons Rule !!!!!

Comment

Sorry about that Audi Parts Guru, I couldn't resist myself, that Guru part made me do it

AKTE = ETKA = family album = Electronic Parts Cataloque for VW&Audi

Comment

Working...
                  X