JHM 034 solid shifter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JHM 034 solid shifter

I have been looking into this shifter for a little while...

http://www.034motorsport.com/product...ducts_id=13999

I know most of you have seen it,but i have no idea about short shifters.Actually i dont mind the travel on my shifting that much,more the vaqueness of the shifting.Dont a shift sometimes seems nice,many times seems unsure of which gear is in,and other times it is just too much movement on it.

Here is the thing.On this solid shifter,it says you can adjust the length of the movement,making it either a very very short movement up to keeping the original length which is nice option to have.

I would like to know your experiences with short shifters,cause i read somewhere that in the long run they tend to cause bigger problems to the transmittion rather than good(which is something i wouldnt like to have!).

Would this be a worthwhile mod for an everyday use car?
    Finally although there are tons of instructions,if i decide to actually get it,how can customs be avoided or pay as less as possible here in the UK,and......who is willing to help me do this mod??(do most of it actuallly!!haha)

cheers
    Vasilis

i have been looking at this for a while too, like the look of it, generally i would say SSK are always a good idea, better feel ect, i'm a bit worried this may be a bit hardcore....would get white a bit of noise i'd expect, well less that stiffer top mounts or stiffer bushing would get but still more i would have thought, but i have solid motorsport bushes so i dont care....soon as my budget can cope i'm buying one lol
    also a good thing to look at if you have an 01E is the linkage upgrades from JH motorsports, assuming the s2 6 speed has the same shifting mech that the s4tt does:
    http://shop.jhmotorsports.com/category.sc?categoryId=30

although i still thing the biggest 'slack' will be the centre ball in the shifter rod so get at least some sort of SSK even if it isnt this solid one

Ant
    91' Coupe quattro 20v - project
    KW V2s and other goodies
    now gone
    03' BMW 330CI - Sold
    08' A5 Coupe 3.0l tdi quattro - Sold
    57' BMW 525d M Sport Touring

Comment

ssk stands for solid shifter..k..?

Comment

oh sorry, short shift kit
        KW V2s and other goodies
        now gone
        03' BMW 330CI - Sold

Comment

this is how little i know about short shifters!!! haha

Comment

lol well i'm not exactly a pro, dont even have one yet lol, what spec if your car btw, suspention-wise?
            i'm getting all of the JH motorsport stuff and the 034 solid throw, but that wont be till the summer. be interesting to see what the BTDTs have to say bout it........go on..take the plunge

Ant
            KW V2s and other goodies
            now gone
            03' BMW 330CI - Sold

Comment

i have the street density transmittion mounts and the apicol rear diff mount.So far i dont have any vibration from the transmittion,other than when it is cold where the whole car is vibrating!!!Chicks may love that haha!

I do like the rear diff mount i bought from 034.ON hard acceleration in higher gears you do get a vibration sensation from the rear which is normal as javad told me as he gets the same on his car as well,but the good thing is that the car does seem to accelerate better going forwards rather than doing that usual 'sit on the butt' and then go.I dont know how the short shifter may affect all that,but it would be nice to know.
              All i want is to have a better feel of the gears engaging and nothing more hardecore i guess.

Comment

i have fitted quite a few of these,actually the ebay copies which are near identical and a fraction of the cost,is one of the best mods you can do i reckon,throw is vastly impoved over standard,makes a world of difference,go with an ebay one for about 40 quid as they are the same

Comment

from the sounds of it perhaps the standars short shifer may be the best choice, essentially the same just with a plastic ball instead of the metal one, quattronutter do you have a link to the ebay jobs??

Ant
                  KW V2s and other goodies
                  now gone
                  03' BMW 330CI - Sold

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AUDI-A4-96-01-...2em118Q2el1247

listed for passat a6 etc same as a six speed s2 though

Comment

can this be fitted and then the oem rs2 leather shifter cover be utilized and hide everything up,make it look as stock?

what about the reverse gear mod?

Comment

i assumed they would be plastic ball ones...looks not bad, worth a try i think! at a quarter of the price!

Ant
                        KW V2s and other goodies
                        now gone
                        03' BMW 330CI - Sold

Comment

yes it will all look stock,the plastic on the inside of the leather gaiter needs to be trimmed down slightly

Comment

how about the reverse gear?does this shifter need the same mod as the one that vagparts has?

where are you located quattro?

Comment

This is rather interesting. Ebay one is dirt cheap. What mods are required to fit it then?
                              Cheers'en, AndyC
                              1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

Working...
                              X