Powerflex diff mount orientation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Powerflex diff mount orientation

has any got a pic of the correct orientation for the powerflex rear diff mount?
    mine didn't have any instructions in with it and i'm not 100% sure which way to install it - there is a lip one one side of each part of the bush - which way does it need to face?
    Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
    Indigo ABY coupé
    Imola B6 S4 Avant

Alex, IIRC the lip is the same thickness so it's not orientated. I can take a picture tomorrow of mine if that helps but pretty sure just slide the two halves together with the metal sleeve through both centres, bit of slip on each end as its a tight fit and try and get it between the flanges.
    sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

The oem rubber bush is thicker on one side than the other, only slightly. The 034 poly bushes are the same, not sure if the powerflex bushes are though.

Comment

pic would be handy, thanks David.
        Yes each half is identical, but becasue the lip only extends round half of each side, i didn't know if it mattered which way it went in
        Indigo ABY coupé
        Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Indigo ABY coupé
          Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

why on earth does it not go all the way round?? there isnt anything around there for it to hit?!?! how do people get on with the powerflex rear diff? i have the 034 one in mine and i rly like it, may be too harsh for many tho, this seems like a good compromise..

Ant
            91' Coupe quattro 20v - project
            KW V2s and other goodies
            now gone
            03' BMW 330CI - Sold
            08' A5 Coupe 3.0l tdi quattro - Sold
            57' BMW 525d M Sport Touring

Comment

Will sort a picture......

As for feedback on it....if all other mounts are tired, then its really harsh on take up IMO - when everything is new (diffmounts, gearbox mounts, snub, engine mounts and prop centre) then its fine.

To be honest, the oem mount is much more cushioned and reduces overall vibration and harshness.
              sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

looking at the mount again, the lips sit at the back of the mount so that they are 90degrees to the floor if that makes sense
                sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Thanks David, just installed it in the mount like this

Indigo ABY coupé
                  Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

thats the chappie spot on
                    sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Where can I get these bushes from and how much are they ?

Do they also do the gearbox mounts, snub, engine mounts and prop centre bush ?

I'd like to overhaul this side of my car, I can start to feel it wandering under acceleration and braking so I'd also like to change the subframe bushes (not ali solids) too if anyone has a good source for those.

Sorry for all the questions

Comment

034 do all the engine/gearbox mounts and the rear diff mounts, with a choice of different harsness. Got the Motorsport ones on mine and they are fantastic but quite harsh!

Don't think there is an uprated option for the centre prop.

For the rear diff mount and the wishbone bushes 034 use Delrin, which is harder than Polyurethane. If you want a softer option for the diff, go to Powerflex.

Comment

hello

is this the right part for the s2 coupe?

http://www.powerflex.co.uk/product-d...Mount/613.html
                          Audi Quattro WR

Comment

I believe so - its common to URQ
                            Paul Nugent
                            Webmaster http://S2central.net
                            Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
                            2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
                            2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Just in the process of fitting a powerflex rear diff, is there a reason the lip must be orientated to the rear of the mount. Can it not be fitted in any direction? Cheers

Comment

Working...
                              X