Clear All

• problem with roller bearing after gearbox swap form 5speed to 6 speed

I have done a swap form 3B 5 speed gearbox to 6 speed 01E

I have flowing setup:
    - 3B type light flywheel form Fidanza
    - clutch form 3B
    - pressure plate form 3B
    - gearbox 6 speed 01E form S4 2.7T

But the problem is that the shaft form the gearbox is shorter that the one from the 5 speed gearbox. In the 5speed the roller bearing was put in the crank.

Now the roller bearing should be put in the flywheel but I have no idea how to do it correctly. I have bought a SACHS 1863 869 005 center bearing as somebody advised me to use this one in my setup.

Can anyone advice how to get this working ?

My problem is that all the time the shaft is loose, the shaft seal in the gearbox gets broken and the oil form the gearbox pules to the clutch.
    Last edited by Albert; 11 November 2008, 17:59.
    AKmotorsport.net - Manufacturing Motorsport parts that do the job. | Audi S2 on Facebook | Best way of reaching me is sending email to albert@akmotorsport.net

Is strange.... this means. the 5 speed gearbox was not ARV...oem 3B one. Because the ARV has also short input shaft.

Comment

The Fidanza has no place for the bearing? Normaly the bearing is flush with the clutch side off the fly.
      All the best!

Comment

I think you need this bearing 034 105 313 A, it is held in position by 2 securing clips N 012 303 1, this all should sit in the centre of flywheel, i hope
        Dez

Never did overtime until i purchased........s2

Comment

Are you saying the input shaft is too short? Have you removed the spacer plate?!
          1986 Coupe q - 2281cc 3B, chargecooler, 2.75" exh & downpipe, ported head, water injection, CGR box, modified MD357 turbo, 440cc injectors, high power coil.
          2004 A4 2.5TDi convertible, re-mapped to 180bhp
          2011 A5 sportback 3TDi-Backbox delete, remap

Comment

Originally posted by 20Vcqdriver View Post
            Are you saying the input shaft is too short? Have you removed the spacer plate?!
            yes, there is no spacer plate.
            AKmotorsport.net - Manufacturing Motorsport parts that do the job. | Audi S2 on Facebook | Best way of reaching me is sending email to albert@akmotorsport.net

Comment

The engine is 3B from S2 or from 200 quattro 20v? Because the flywheel and gearbox is diferent between them. The S2 fly should have the place for the bearing!!!
              All the best!

Comment

Fidanza part number 112151

80 88-91 2.3L
                80 92 2.3L
                90 88-90 2.3L
                90 91-92 2.3L
                100 89-90 2.3L
                100 91 2.3L
                5000 88

Comment

From the pictures...looks ok! Has the place for a bearing in the center with circlips.
                  I saw sam with ballbearing not roller one. Dont know the right part nr for that.
                  You should be able to find a bearing wich fits in there..
                  All the best!

Comment

I think in the first picture was not ok....
                    Is this one?
                    Attached Files

Comment

Iff yes... then is not ok..... has no place for the bearing... you need one like this.
                      Attached Files

Comment

I have one like that

Comment

Albert, I have similar fidanza flywheel, the part numbers I listed above are for this
                          flywheel and 6 speed O1E set up.
                          Dez

Never did overtime until i purchased........s2

Comment

I can't get the problem. I have seen it done by making spacer, which is pressed into flywheel (or made sit cold/hot way) and bearing is pressed in the mentioned spacer. Easy job for any machine shop.

This needle bearing is taking load only in case clutch is pressed, so this is quite rare periods of time in race car.

If the shaft is too short, your spacer can extend a bit into clutch side (which I doubt is needed, if the clutch fits).

Sau
                            200 20vt 88' 3b, human carrier
                            CQ typ85 with AAN inside, see project blog at http://kwlw.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
                            X