Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3B Clutch plate - NLA, Where To Get One??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3B Clutch plate - NLA, Where To Get One??

Hey all,

I've just received word that my 3B clutch friction plate is now NLA from Audi and thus, won't be arriving. I need one to fit the engine, basically have 10 days to find one

Anyone (a) got tips on how to source one (perhaps direct from Sachs?), or (b) got one for sale?

Failing that, I'm gonna have to risk it with the oil contaminated ClutchNet plate or try and get something uprated at substantial cost Or keep the DMF

Any ideas welcome,

Cheers
    Ross
    AUDI - saving Dad's from minivans since 1994

quattrocorner might have one?
    3'' Longlife Exhaust, Koni Adjustables, H&R Springs, Full RS2 Setup with Mr Nugents RS2 Chips (just need the RS2 Airbox)

Comment

Try Aelred if Pete Reeve can't help

Comment

Also ebay http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AUDI-S2-2-2-TU...3A1|240%3A1318

Comment

I have just bought the one off ebay ..looks good ...only problem i have they sent the ABY pressure plate
          93 S2 Avant Parting
          91 URQ RR
          02 A4 tdi Avant

Comment

Keeping the dual mass isn't the end of world IMO for cars sub 400 bhp.

Comment

'tis an option... read a bit about the ebay one, TBH I wasn't impressed with the numerous responses about clutches not fitting and the seller giving abuse to anyone that complained. And then one happy punter I found followed up a month later saying the clutch was slipping badly. Sorry to be so negative, hope you have better luck!

Will have a chat with Aelred & Pete and see what I can do. I really want to go to SMF as I prefer the feel of it.

Comment

clutch

Euro car parts have a LUK clutch kit for ÂŁ188. Usually post to most places.
                http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecommerc...ch_Results.asp
                1986 Coupe q - 2281cc 3B, chargecooler, 2.75" exh & downpipe, ported head, water injection, CGR box, modified MD357 turbo, 440cc injectors, high power coil.
                2004 A4 2.5TDi convertible, re-mapped to 180bhp
                2011 A5 sportback 3TDi-Backbox delete, remap

Comment

Ross i can help you out,

I have a clutch here that i bought from Aalred a while ago, Its a stage 2 hybrid one.

If you want it you can buy it i was going to put it on here for sale anyway.
                  Will take some pics and can post some details about it too.
                  91 S2 coupé - RIP
                  98 S8 - Luxury barge

Comment

Originally posted by s2_bo View Post
                    Ross i can help you out,

I have a clutch here that i bought from Aalred a while ago, Its a stage 2 hybrid one.

If you want it you can buy it i was going to put it on here for sale anyway.
                    Will take some pics and can post some details about it too.
                    Sounds like it's sorted

Comment

OE Audi one is LUK, the one I got was anyway. I'd better stop wearing mine out so quickly then...
                      Cheers'en, AndyC
                      1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

Are the LUK ones any good then? I've read reports they're not as good as the OE sachs ones that are NLA now?
                        Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                        Indigo ABY coupé
                        Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

They slip with RS2 power. There's a thread by SteveH and Doug from back in the day IIRC about them.

Comment

Cheers for the replies guys! Have a few leads now, and weather permitting the engine could be in on Sat 21st

Comment

Mine doesn't particulary enjoy life but I'm pretty harsh on it. It doesn't slip tho.
                              Cheers'en, AndyC
                              1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

Working...
                              X